Subject: [P2PSIP] [Fwd: P2PSIP ID and physical location]

From: Xianghan Zheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:15:09 +0100

Besides, the Central E&A server should be able to distinguish the peers 
in the same domain or nearby and assign the similar identifiers for them.

Regards

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	P2PSIP ID and physical location
Date: 	Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:26:56 +0100
From: 	Xianghan Zheng <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Hello,
Is someone considering the mapping between the P2PSIP ID and physical 
location. I think it is necessary to think about it although it is not 
trivial and might cause some security problem. 

In the draft 
"http://www.p2psip.org/drafts/draft-licanhuang-p2psip-subsetresourcelocation-00.txt", 
However, the peer ID is formed as domain name. Is that conflict with the 
concept that the ID should 128/160 bit integer?  Is it possible that 
each peer in one domain assigned  similar identity? Any suggestions? 
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Xianghan Zheng 

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: songhaibin 64081 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:43:05 +0800

Hi Xianghan,

I think ALTO server can provide an interface to the enrollment server to get topology information that can be guidance for generating node IDs, e.g. node IDs with proximity property.

Best Regards
Song Haibin