Subject: [P2PSIP] CFP: ServP2P 2009 - Deadline Extended -21st Dec 2008

From: Liu Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:21:56 +0000

Call for Paper: ServP2P 2009 - International Workshop on
Service-Oriented P2P Networks and Grid Systems

http://www.computing.surrey.ac.uk/personal/pg/S.Stafrace/ServP2P09/index.html

 Papers Due: 21st December 2008
Accepted papers will be published with the
CCGRID2009 conference proceedings by IEEE Computer Society Press.Extended versions of the papers presented
in this workshop will also be considered for publication in the International Journal of Grid and
Utility Computing.

Peer-to-Peer networks first
emerged in the late 90’s as specialised systems & protocols to support
distributed file sharing. Since then, the scientific community has gradually
changed the way P2P networks are perceived; from file sharing applications to a
general-purpose methodology that can be applied to design large scale resource
discovery and sharing applications. The term resource is quite generic and
encapsulates not just files but applications, services and computational
resources such as storage and processing cycles.

So far the main emphasis of
P2P research was on the optimisation of the design and performance of such
networks in terms of file sharing. However, this work is not directly
applicable to consumable resources such as services, storage and processing
cycles. These resources have two main characteristics: Firstly they are
non-replicable and secondly (because they are consumable) they possess a highly
volatile and unpredictable availability. The combined effect of the above two
attributes is that distributed hash tables and numerous successful informed
search techniques cannot be directly applied to this type of resources. At the
same time there is a growing demand for P2P-oriented systems that can
successfully manage, retrieve and provide access to applications and computational
resources in general rather than just files. Furthermore, Internet Service
Providers (ISPs) and content providers are increasingly looking towards
exploiting the P2P scalability and performance gains over traditional
client-server architectures for efficiently distributing massive volumes of
media content and services worldwide.

This workshop aims to
address the need for more research into the theory and applicability of P2P
networks on the scalable and efficient discovery and access to computational
resources and services from processing cycles to complex Web Services. Areas of
interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

Search mechanisms and heuristics for
     computational resourcesService discovery & utilisationP2P models of deployment and management of Web
     ServicesP2P storage systemsSemantic computational sharing and cloud
     computing over P2P networks Peer-to-Peer workflow management systemsOverlay self-organisation and managementPerformance measurement, optimisation and
     benchmarksTrust management and security systems for
     computational P2P networksFree-riding prevention modelsProfitable computational P2P systems and related
     P2P economy models
_________________________________________________________________
Get a bird’s eye view of the world with Multimap
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454059/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip