Subject: [P2PSIP] Would the overlay name of P2P RELOAD network be unique?

From: "JeffreyHo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:22:32 +0800

Dear sir,

In RELOAD overlay network, would the overlay name for each isolated P2P
overlay be unique? If two P2PSIP service providers want to build up their
own P2P RELOAD overlay and have own dedicated enrollment server but
unfortunately they configure the same overlay name, will this situation
result in any abnormal or conflict operations within these two P2P overlay
networks? If yes, how we ensure the uniqueness of overlay name? Would the
mechanism for applying an unique overlay name like applying domain name be
necessary?
Thanks a lot.

BR,
Jeffrey       

%;+H%s%i/`%]'t$u,c0|>w1K8j0T!A+D+|)w$'&,%s*L!A=P$E(O%N)N4&ES%;+H%s$:.e!A(C=P>P74&9+H%s!C
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:37:43 -0500

t the overlay name must
be a name that can be resolved via a DNS SRV query.  This obviously
needs to be relaxed some to support ad hoc overlays or other
situations where there isn't a domain associated with the overlay
(although that's almost certainly the right solution for a
provider-based overlay).

So let's say that ad hoc overlays aren't subject to this requirement
and can pick their own names, and two pick "myoverlay" as the name.
Even then, the certificates would not match, so if two of those peers
did happen to talk with each other, they would reject each other's
credentials, so the overlays would not merge.

Bruce

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM, JeffreyHo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊，非指定之收件者，請勿使用或揭露本信件內容，並請銷毀此信件。
> This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or
> disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.
>