Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] comments on draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-requirements-05

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:18:32 +0800

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your comments. See inline.

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>On Behalf Of Bruce Lowekamp
>Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:55 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [P2PSIP] comments on 
>draft-matuszewski-p2psip-security-requirements-05
>
>I thought this revision of the document was a significant 
>improvement and thank the authors for spending so much time 
>reorganizing and rewriting pieces of it.
>
>I liked the general discussion of issues.  When it got into 
>the RELOAD-specific part I was less certain how to apply it.  
>It might be helpful if the draft uses RELOAD to refer to the 
>specific protocol and P2PSIP or even another term to discuss 
>general p2p communications system issues to avoid confusion.
>

Good suggestion. It will be done in the next revision.

>This draft appears to have the wrong IPR declaration at the beginning.
> Since it incorporates material that was contributed prior to 
>11/2008, it can't use this declaration.
>
We will correct it.

>I still find the term "overlay base" confusing.
>

Bruce, here is the definition for P2P Overlay Base in this document. Could
you please tell me what make you confused?

   P2P Overlay Base: A P2P Overlay Base includes all the Peers that
   participate in the p2p overlay.  The P2P Overlay Base provides
   distributed storage and routing services to both peers and clients.

>Again, depending on whether parts of the discussion are 
>intended to be general about p2p telecom or specific to RELOAD 
>and work in the p2psip working group, some of the discussion 
>and terms need to be updated.
>For example, there is no separate protocol for peer vs client 
>communication (even though there is discussion of whether 
>additional methods are needed for client operation, I don't 
>believe anyone is arguing for separate protocols at this point).
>

I just noticed that. Sorry for our negligence when updating this document.
We will correct it for the next version.  

Thanks,
Haibin

>Bruce
>_______________________________________________
>P2PSIP mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>