Subject: [P2PSIP] reload issues update

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:37:55 -0600

I'm still collecting up issues on the reload and sip usage draft but  
the initial list is in a spreadsheet at

http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/p2psip/issues.csv

I realize there are better tools for tracking bugs than a spreadsheet  
in a source code control system but this is something everyone can  
use, works across a wide range of operating systems, and allowed  
multiple people to work offline and make changes.

---

From: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:23:17 -0700

Cullen,

I posted several issues regarding the -03 draft late July. I want to 
make sure the authors consider them in future next revision:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/p2psip/current/msg05019.html

Thanks

--Michael

Cullen Jennings wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>
>

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:09:02 -0700

Cullen, csv is fine, thx.

While I am here:

Section 9 states "at least three" predecessor's and successor's while  
section 9.1 states "3".  IMHO, section 9.1. needs a bit of rewording  
because you may or may not have three peers clockwise or  
counterclockwise at any given time.

So technically in section 9.1 the neighbor table SHOULD contain at  
least 3 peers before this peer and at least 3 peers after it in the  
DHT ring.

Are we clearly stating that the neighbor table is indeed at most 6  
node id's with 3 in each direction around the ring? Are we stating  
that you should not add to the back or front list if they contain  
already three entries?

9.  Chord Algorithm
The original Chord algorithm specified a single predecessor and a
       successor list be stored. chord-reload specifies at least three  
of
       each.
9.1.  Overview
The neighbor table contains the 3
    peers before this peer and the 3 peers after it in the DHT ring.
Julian Cain

On Aug 18, 2009, at 8:37 AM, Cullen Jennings wrote:

> I realize there are better tools for tracking bugs than a  
> spreadsheet in a source code control system but this is something  
> everyone can use, works across a wide range of operating systems,  
> and allowed multiple people to work offline and make changes.
>
>

---

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:54:03 -0400

Thanks for getting this up and running, Cullen, and thanks to the
folks who have chimed in with suggestions to add. I think this will
help move the document along.

David

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Cullen Jennings<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I'm still collecting up issues on the reload and sip usage draft but the
> initial list is in a spreadsheet at
>
> I realize there are better tools for tracking bugs than a spreadsheet in a
> source code control system but this is something everyone can use, works
> across a wide range of operating systems, and allowed multiple people to
> work offline and make changes.
>
>