Subject: [P2PSIP] Reviews of drafts

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:33:09 -0400

So the authors of several drafts have approached me and asked if I can
prod the group about comments and reviews. I wanted to send out an
email (on their behalf and for the group as a whole) to ask people to
please review the drafts.

The two in particular I am thinking of/authors asked me about are the
base draft (WG item), and the relay draft (ID).

For the base draft, we had 4 people in Stockholm, and 4 people in San
Francisco offer to do detailed reviews. As far as I know, only one of
those 8 has actually completed the review. If you volunteered in
either place -- can you please do a review, and share with the authors
of the base draft? We have had very good feedback from a few people on
specific implementation details on list (thanks!) but the authors
still very much need to have the full formal reviews. There is a new
version out, so please, if you volunteered, do the review in the next
couple of weeks.

For the relay draft, in Stockholm there was a great deal of list
discussion, but no strong consent if the draft worked in the form it
was in at Stockholm. The authors were disappointed specific issues
only came up in the meeting, and several of the folks who objected to
specific issues committed to reviewing the new draft within two weeks
and providing feedback to the authors, so they would be able to
address them before the actual meeting. Can those folks provide
comments?

Thanks,

David