Subject: [P2PSIP] question about data replication fail

From: JeffreyHo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:18:36 +0800

Dear all,

I have a question about what we should deal with if the data replication on
its successor fail.
As specified in RELOAD base, when a peer N receives a Store request for
Resource-ID k and stores the data, then sends a Store request to its
successor in the neighbor table and to that peer's successor. In case
sending a Store request to its successor fails (after retransmission) due to
something problem (for example, network fail, disk space not enough, etc),
that means the 1st replica doesn't exist on the overlay. Once the peer N
fail (not leave), the Resource-ID K doesn't migrate to its successor. In
addition, if there is a new peer P joining as the peer N's predecessor and
being responsible for Resource-ID k at this moment, then this new joined
peer can't get the migration of Resource-ID k from peer N. 
All will result in the lookup on the Resource-ID K fails and impact the
availability on the overlay. 
Should we consider such case and specify a mechanism to solve it?

Any comment and answer will be appreciated. 
Thanks a lot in advance.

BR, 
Jeffrey

本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊，非指定之收件者，請勿使用或揭露本信件內容，並請銷毀此信件。
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.