Subject: [P2PSIP] Key refresh for P2PSIP overlays

From: Konstantinos Birkos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:56:13 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to discuss the possibility of periodically refreshing the 
keying material of the participating peers in the overlay as well as 
certificate revocation in case malicious activity is detected.
I am talking about each peer periodically creating new public/private 
key pairs and producing or receiving new certificates that bind its 
NodeID to the new public keys. A key refresh mechanism would put a 
barrier to attackers who could have compromised certain peers and would 
make attacks based on cryptanalysis tools even  more difficult.
We are actually developing  a mechanism and we would like to discuss its 
applicability and its importance with the WG.

Kind Regards,
Konstantinos Birkos 

-- 
Konstantinos Birkos
PhD Candidate
Wireless Telecommunication Laboratory
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Patras
Patras, Greece
Tel.: +30 2610 996465