Subject: [P2PSIP] Where to get configuration file and certificate?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:51:43 +0800

I am confused about the enrollment in RELOAD base draft.

Section 3.6.1. of RELOAD base draft says:
" The node does a DNS SRV lookup on the
   overlay name to get the address of a configuration server.  It can
   then connect to this server with HTTPS to download a configuration
   document which contains the basic overlay configuration parameters as
   well as a set of bootstrap nodes which can be used to join the
   overlay."

Section 3.6.2. of RELOAD base draft says:
"In that case, the
   configuration document will contain the address of an enrollment
   server which can be used to obtain such a certificate."

Section 10.2. of RELOAD base draft says:
"Once an address and URL for the enrollment server is determined, the
   peer forms an HTTPS connection to that IP address.  The certificate
   MUST match the overlay name as described in [RFC2818].  Then the node
   MUST fetch a new copy of the configuration file.  To do this, the
   peer performs a GET to the URL. "

BR
Lichun

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 03:54:58 -0500

What are your questions exactly?

dns_srv->connect->get->parse_xml is the flow.

Julian

On Dec 17, 2010, at 1:51 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:08:23 +0800

According to Section 3.6, configuration file and certificate are obtained 
from configuration server and enrollment server respectively.
But according to Section 10.2, configuration file is obtained from 
enrollment server.

BR
Lichun

jc <[email-masked]> 
2010-12-17 16:54

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
抄送
P2PSIP WG <[email-masked]>
主题
Re: [P2PSIP] Where to get configuration file and certificate?

Julian

BR
Lichun

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 04:44:40 -0500

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2010, at 4:08 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> 
> According to Section 3.6, configuration file and certificate are obtained from configuration server and enrollment server respectively. 
> But according to Section 10.2, configuration file is obtained from enrollment server.
> 

The enrollment server IS the configuration server. The certificates are stored in the configuration file on the enrollment server. So this lingo about "configuration server" should be removed or reworded.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:58:39 +0800

Hi, Julian

I am still confused.
I don't think the user/node certificate is contained in configuration file 
because configuration file is redistributed by peers.
The configuration file in Section 10.1 contains the enrollment server's 
URL. However, Section 10.2 suggests using DNS to locate enrollment server 
and downloading configuration file from enrollment server. 

BR
Lichun

2010-12-17 17:44

收件人

Sent from my iPhone

The enrollment server IS the configuration server. The certificates are 
stored in the configuration file on the enrollment server. So this lingo 
about "configuration server" should be removed or reworded.

BR 
Lichun

收件人

Julian 

BR
Lichun