Subject: [P2PSIP] Relax base-15 section 10.2 language

From: "Michael Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:25:56 -0700

Hi,

Section 10.2, second paragraph says, "The node first determines the
overlay name. This value is provided by the user or some other out of
band provisioning mechanism. The out of band mechanisms may also provide
an optional URL for the configuration server."

I believe the first sentence should be relaxed as "The node MAY first
determines the overlay name." A node should be allowed to start with
nothing but an arbitrary (out-of-band) URL to the configuration server,
and that the overlay name will be whatever retrieved in the
configuration XML. This practice also means the node need not query the
DNS or construct the "/.well-known/p2psip-enroll" URL.

For example, someone send you an email with a configuration URL. You
just click on that URL to join the overlay that someone setup. That
overlay name could be a 200 character hex string that would be very
painful to type in.

Thanks

--Michael