Subject: [P2PSIP] RFC 7851 on Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Overlay Diagnostics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:02:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7851

        Title:      Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Overlay Diagnostics 
        Author:     H. Song, X. Jiang,
                    R. Even, D. Bryan, Y. Sun
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 70591
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-p2psip-diagnostics-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7851

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7851

This document describes mechanisms for Peer-to-Peer (P2P) overlay
diagnostics.  It defines extensions to the REsource LOcation And
Discovery (RELOAD) base protocol to collect diagnostic information
and details the protocol specifications for these extensions.  Useful
diagnostic information for connection and node status monitoring is
also defined.  The document also describes the usage scenarios and
provides examples of how these methods are used to perform
diagnostics.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC