Subject: [P2PSIP] RFC 7890 on Concepts and Terminology for Peer-to-Peer SIP (P2PSIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7890

        Title:      Concepts and Terminology for Peer-to-Peer 
                    SIP (P2PSIP) 
        Author:     D. Bryan, P. Matthews,
                    E. Shim, D. Willis, S. Dawkins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45276
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-p2psip-concepts-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7890

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7890

This document defines concepts and terminology for using the Session
Initiation Protocol in a peer-to-peer environment where the
traditional proxy-registrar and message-routing functions are
replaced by a distributed mechanism.  These mechanisms may be
implemented using a Distributed Hash Table or other distributed data
mechanism with similar external properties.  This document includes a
high-level view of the functional relationships between the network
elements defined herein, a conceptual model of operations, and an
outline of the related problems addressed by the P2PSIP working
group, the REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) protocol, and the
SIP usage document defined by the working group.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC