Subject: [Pals] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 11:38:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : MPLS LSP PW status refresh reduction for Static Pseudowires
        Authors         : Luca Martini
                          George Swallow
                          Elisa Bellagamba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-02-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for generating an aggregated
   pseudowire status message on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
   network Label Switched Path (LSP).

   The method for transmitting the pseudowire (PW) status information is
   not new, however this protocol extension allows a Service Provider
   (SP) to reliably monitor the individual PW status while not
   overwhelming the network of multiple periodic status messages. This
   is achieved by sending a single cumulative summary status
   verification message for all the PWs grouped in the same LSP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/