Subject: [Pals] RFC 7795 on Pseudowire Redundancy on the Switching Provider Edge (S-PE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:59:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7795

        Title:      Pseudowire Redundancy on the Switching 
                    Provider Edge (S-PE) 
        Author:     J. Dong,
                    H. Wang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 21064
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7795

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7795

This document describes Multi-Segment Pseudowire (MS-PW) protection
scenarios in which pseudowire redundancy is provided on the Switching
Provider Edge (S-PE) as defined in RFC 5659.  Operations of the S-PEs
that provide PW redundancy are specified in this document.  Signaling
of the Preferential Forwarding status as defined in RFCs 6870 and
6478 is reused.  This document does not require any change to the
Terminating Provider Edges (T-PEs) of MS-PW.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 19:36:49 -0500

Another PALS RFC, congratulations to Jie and Haibo!

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 6:59 PM
Subject: [Pals] RFC 7795 on Pseudowire Redundancy on the Switching Provider
Edge (S-PE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

        RFC 7795

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group of the IETF.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
Pals mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pals