Subject: RE: Support for multiple default routers

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:59:43 +0200

> If there are many PAAs in the same link, they all are most probably
  > connected to some kind of local AAA server. If PaC's authentication
  > succeeds, AAA server could send Success -message with 
  > needed information
  > about PaC (e.g. IP-address, lifetime, ...) to all PAAs in that link.
  > Separation of PAA and EPs would be avoided and there would be no
  > unnecessary registrations or bandwith consumption.
  > Could this be one possibility?

=> Sure, but you are assuming the following:
1. There is a AAA infrastructure (it doesn't have to be
   the case)
2. There is multiple PAAs. In some cases there might be 
   a mix of PAAs and EPs only. If this happens the EPs would
   not be able to get the information from the AAA server. 

Hesham

---

From: Ilkka Vesa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:37:54 +0300 (EEST)

> 1. There is a AAA infrastructure (it doesn't have to be

Yes, that was the assumption. If there are multiple PAAs in a link and
perhaps more than one link, I guess the existence of at least a local
AAA infrastructure is quite obvious. As I see it, PAA-located user
databases are more useful in simpler scenarios.

>    not be able to get the information from the AAA server.

That's also true. The above proposal tried to fulfill PANA's requirement
that PAA and EP are co-located.

Ilkka

--
Ilkka Vesa ([email-masked])
Tampere University of Technology