Subject: New location of PANA web page

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:13:17 -0400

PANA web page has been moved to:

http://www.toshiba.com/tari/pana/pana.htm

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: Ilkka Vesa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:29:15 +0300 (EEST)

> > > This reads like it will only filter based on some clear text field
> > > in a packet. There might be cases when one needs to have stronger
> > > security i.e. the ability to apply cryptographically strong methods
> > > to associate packets with the authenticated PaC.
>
> do you suggest that it could be necessary to set Security Association
> (e.g. AH) between PaC and EP ?
>
> [email-masked]

In wireless links it is advisable to have encryption at least in one
layer. So in those circumstances there has to be some kind of SA between
PaC and EP (or if not EP, then at least with the wireless access point).
One possibility is to use the IPSec ESP in tunnel mode for this purpose.
It would give a L2 agnostic solution with strong cryptography.

Ilkka

--
Ilkka Vesa ([email-masked])
Tampere University of Technology