Subject: PANA and 802.1x, PPP

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:13:31 -0800

Hello,

One of the deliverables of this WG is about the interaction of PANA with
802.1x and PPP. This requires some discussion. What is the relation
or possible interaction between these technologies? If it is simply
when you have one you don't need other, we still need to capture this.
And a brief section in the usage scenarios and applicability statement
draft might be sufficient for that. But if it is more, this is a good time
to discuss.

Comments please.

alper

---

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:25:21 -0800 (PST)

Let's make PANA extensible so that you do not need PPP
unless you need something extra besides address
assignment. 

In this case, the usage&deployment scenario could
mention that PANA could be used sucessfully in most
down to earth scenarios. 

regards,

Reinaldo

> more, this is a good time

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com