Subject: Sec. threats comments

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:47:17 -0700

You can find Derek Atkins' comments on the PANA security threats draft.
Thank you Derek for the review.

Alper

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:20:57 -0700

Derek,

>6.3 PaC leaving the network

>Another threat not mentioned is what happens if the PaC leaves
>the network prematurely without notifying the PAA or EP.  Depending
>on the link layer, it may be possible for an attacker to subsume
>the PaC's leaving, or the user may continue to be billed due
>to a system crash.  Think about it this way, the user of the PaC
>may leave the network by just unplugging an Ethernet cable.

>Suggested addition:  PANA must not depend on a PaC sending a
>disconnect message.

Okay. I will add this to the list.

>6.5 Miscellaneous attacks  
>Editorial: capitalization problem:
> on the PAA or AS. A few are mentioned below. AS it is hard to protect

>should be:
>on the PAA or AS. A few are mentioned below. As it is hard to protect  
>(the "AS" should be "As")

fixed.

thanks
mohan