Subject: Usage scenarios draft and PANA-Start-Request

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:46:02 +0300

Hi,

The usage scenarios draft should include possibility to have 
multiple PAAs from different ISPs and the PANA-Start-Request 
should include some sort of network access id to aid PaC to 
choose between different PAAs if needed.

- Dan

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:38:40 -0700

Hi Dan,

> choose between different PAAs if needed.

We discussed "multiple PAAs from different ISPs" earlier on the mailing
list, but I don't remember a consensus on that discussion. My personal view,
as a member of the WG, is that this scenario is not needed as one PAA can
serve many ISPs. PAA is owned by the NAP to serve multiple ISPs today, I
think this is a sufficient model.

Btw, the WG last call on the usage scenarios has completed and the draft is
with the IESG now.

Alper