Subject: IETF 57 PANA meeting agenda (final)

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:43:33 -0700

Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA)

Monday, July 14 at 1300-1500
==============================

CHAIRS:    

  Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]>
  Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>

WEB PAGES:

  Official: http://ietf.org/html.charters/pana-charter.html
  Supplemental: http://www.toshiba.com/tari/pana/pana.htm

AGENDA:

1. Preliminaries (bluesheets, minute takers, agenda bashing) : Chairs, 5 min

2. PANA design update and open issues : Yoshihiro Ohba, 40 min

   I-D: draft-ietf-pana-pana-01.txt. Please see
   http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/ for the current issues.
   The intent of this agenda item is to use the facetime to close some of
   the open issues via discussion.

3. Securing the first hop in PANA using IPsec : Hannes Tschofenig, 20 min

   I-D: draft-mohanp-pana-ipsec-00.txt. This I-D is proposing
   a mechanism for enabling IPsec-based per-packet authentication once the
   client is authenticated by using PANA. The purpose of this presentation
   is to gauge WG interest in the topic and solicit comments. The I-D will
   be proposed as a candidate WG item.
  
4. PAA-to-EP protocol considerations : Yacine El Mghazli, 20 min

   The PANA deployment may be such that the PAA and EP may be separate (for
   example, the WLAN AP which is the EP and the AR which would be the PAA).
   If that is the case then there is a need for a protocol that enables the
   ACLs or filters to be downloaded to the EP. WG has already identified
   the requirements for this protocol, but we need to evaluate what kind of
   protocols make sense. Especially people who are familiar with protocols
   like Diameter, COPS, SNMP, and ForCES are encouraged to participate. The
   purpose of this presentation is to gauge WG interest in this topic and
   solicit feedback.

5. Roadmap : 5 min
   Chairs

STATUS of WG I-Ds:

-  draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-06.txt
   WG last call completed on 3/11. Draft is sent to ADs for IESG
   consideration.

-  draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt
   WG last call completed on 6/12. Draft is sent to ADs for IESG
   consideration.

-  draft-ietf-pana-threats-eval-04.txt
   WG last call completed on 5/1. Draft is sent to ADs for IESG
   consideration.

-  draft-ietf-pana-pana-01.txt
   Work in progress. I-D will be discussed at IETF 57.