Subject: [Pana] Issue 25

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:54:48 -0700

The initial text for Issue 25 is provided below.  

It seems to me that this is an important issue that is related to
actual services, so comments from service providers are appreciated.

----
In Section 4.2, change

From:

"  When a PaC receives the PANA-Start-Request message in response to
   the PANA-PAA-Discover message, it responds with a PANA-Start-Answer
   message. The PANA-Start-Answer message contains the initial sequence
   numbers in the tseq and rseq fields of the PANA header, a copy of
   the received Cookie as the PANA payload."

To:

"  A PANA-Start-Request can also contain zero or one NAP-Information
   AVP and zero or more ISP-Information AVPs to advertise the
   information on the NAP and/or ISPs.

   When a PaC receives the PANA-Start-Request message in response to
   the PANA-PAA-Discover message, it responds with a PANA-Start-Answer
   message if it wishes to enter the authentication phase.  The
   PANA-Start-Answer message contains the initial sequence numbers in
   the tseq and rseq fields of the PANA header, a copy of the received
   Cookie as the PANA payload."

In Section 9.3.3, change

from:

"
      PANA-Start-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 2, REQ >
                    [ Cookie ]
                  * [ AVP ]
"

to:

"
      PANA-Start-Request ::= < PANA-Header: 2, REQ >
                    [ Cookie ]
		    [ NAP-Information ]
                  * [ ISP-Information ]
                  * [ AVP ]
"

Add the following sections:

"9.4.9 NAP-Information AVP

The NAP-Information AVP (AVP Code: 1029) is of type Grouped, and
contains one globally unique identifier of the NAP in a
Provider-Identifier AVP and one enterprise name of the NAP in a
Provider-Name AVP.  Its Data field has the following ABNF grammar:

      NAP-Information ::= < AVP Header: 1029 >
                           { Provider-Identifier }
                           { Provider-Name }
                         * [ AVP ]

9.4.10 ISP-Information AVP

The ISP-Information AVP (AVP Code: 1030) is of type Grouped, and
contains one globally unique identifier of the ISP in a
Provider-Identifier AVP and one enterprise name of the ISP in a
Provider-Name AVP.  Its Data field has the following ABNF grammar:

      ISP-Information ::= < AVP Header: 1030 >
                           { Provider-Identifier }
                           { Provider-Name }
                         * [ AVP ]

9.4.11 Provider-Identifier AVP 

The Provider-Identifier AVP (AVP Code: 1031) is of type Unsigned32,
and contains an IANA assigned "SMI Network Management Private
Enterprise Codes" [IANAWEB] value, encoded in network byte order.

9.4.12 Provider-Name AVP 

The Provider-Name AVP (AVP Code: 1032) is of type UTF8String, and
contains the UTF8-encoded name of the provider."
-----

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana