Subject: New [issue24] AVP alignment

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:51:28 +0300

New submission from Dan Forsberg <[email-masked]>:

Yoshihiro Ohba:

The current PANA specification does not specify a rule to align AVPs.
I think we should specify something about this.  I'd suggest using the
32-bit alignment rule as Diameter does.  Here is the suggested text
(borrowed from Diameter speicfication):

 "Each AVP MUST be padded to align on a 32-bit boundary. A number of zero-
  valued bytes are added to the end of the AVP Data field till a word
  boundary is reached. The length of the padding is not reflected in
  the AVP Length field."

----------
category: Technical
document: draft-ietf-pana-pana-xx.txt
messages: 77
nosy: dforsber
priority: Should Fix
status: Text Proposed
title: AVP alignment
________________________________________________
PANA Issues <[email-masked]>
http://danforsberg.info:8080/pana-issues/issue24
________________________________________________