Subject: [Pana] PANAfied ident

From: Josh Howlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:52:55 +0100

Apologies if this is slightly OT, or offends the sensibilities of those on 
this list :-)

I am interested in using PANA (or a similar EAP-over-IP protocol) in the 
context of application authentication, using a mechanism similar to the 
"ident" protocol (but using EAP to perform AAA functions).

The purpose is to leverage an existing RADIUS proxy infrastructure for 
providing authentication and authorisation services to applications and 
users between multiple administrative domains (ie. many educational 
institutions).

I would be interested in any comments on this (ab)use of PANA.

Many thanks, josh.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Josh Howlett, Networking & Digital Communications,
Information Systems & Computing, University of Bristol, U.K.
'phone: 0117 928 7850 email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana