Subject: [Pana] Issue 178 (AD-review, pana-fwk, section 2)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:14:14 -0400

>   IPsec Tunnel Inner Address (IPsec-TIA)
>
>      This is an IP address configured on a PANA client as the inner
>      address of an IPsec tunnel mode SA.
>
>
Spell out Security Association on its first use.

Ohba: OK.

>   Secure Association Protocol
>
>      A protocol that provides a cryptographic binding between the
>      initial entity authentication (and authorization) exchange to the
>      subsequent exchange of data packets.  Examples of secure
>      association protocols include the 4-way handshake in IEEE 802.11i
>      [802.11i], and IKE [RFC2409] in IP-based access control.
>

I believe you could use a few more terms here, at least the functional
entities, if not others.

Ohba: OK.  We can revise the definition something like:

"
   Secure Association Protocol 

      A protocol that runs between a client of PANA and a per-packet
      access control function to provide a cryptographic binding
      between the initial entity authentication (and authorization)
      exchange to the subsequent exchange of data packets.  The
      security association protocol is executed Examples of secure
      association protocols include the 4-way handshake in IEEE
      802.11i [802.11i], and IKE [RFC2409] in IP-based access control.

"

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana