Subject: [Pana] PANA IPsec pre-requisite

From: "Salekul Islam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:52:11 +0000

Hi,

In the draft-ietf-pana-ipsec, section 3.0 states some pre-requisites for 
IPsec SA establishment. The first one is,

The PaC and PAA mutually authenticate each other using an EAP method that is 
able to derive a AAA-key.

AFAIK, the PaC and the AAA Server will mutually authenticate, and will 
establish a AAA-key. This AAA-key will be exported to the PAA using one of 
the AAA protocols. This mechanism is explained in the EAP key management 
framework I-D.

Why this detail is missing in the PANA IPsec draft. Is it assumed that the 
reader should know it or am I missing something?

I have another query to ask. What is the future plan for the PANA IPsec I-D? 
Will the WG publish a new version of it?

Thanks and regards,

Salekul

_________________________________________________________________
Have Some Fresh Air Fun This March Break 
http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!147

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana