Subject: [Pana] NAT issue (proposed text)

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:06:21 -0400

To address the NAT issue, it would be good to revise the UDP port 
usage based on which entity is initiating the PANA session.

Here is the suggested text for Section 6.1:

"
6.1.  IP and UDP Headers

Any PANA message is unicast between the PaC and the PAA.

For any PANA message sent from the peer that has initiated the PANA
session, the UDP source port is set to any number and the destination
port is set to the assigned PANA port number (to be assigned by IANA).
For any PANA message sent from the other peer, the source port is set
to the assigned PANA port number (to be assigned by IANA) and the
destination port is copied from the source port of the last received
message.  In case both the PaC and PAA initiates the session (i.e.,
PANA-Client-Initiation and unsolicited PANA-Auth-Request messages
cross each other), then the PaC is identified as the initiator.
"

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba

_______________________________________________
Pana mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pana