Subject: [PANRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:16:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Aware Networking RG RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Path Aware Networking: Obstacles to Deployment (A Bestiary of Roads Not Taken)
        Author          : Spencer Dawkins
	Filename        : draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2019-12-10

Abstract:
   At the first meeting of the Path Aware Networking Research Group, the
   research group agreed to catalog and analyze past efforts to develop
   and deploy Path Aware technologies, most of which were unsuccessful,
   in order to extract insights and lessons for path-aware networking
   researchers.

   This document contains that catalog and analysis.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:20:52 -0600

Dear PANRG,

I believe this version of the draft reflects our conversations at IETF 105
and 106, and is ready for Brian and Jan to request Last Call.

Comments and corrections are always welcome, of course.

Best,

Spencer The Editor

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 4:16 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Panrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/panrg
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 09:24:13 +0000

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for you effort on this document. I like the overall tone of the document.

The document is about things to not (re)do. Those things would be much more clear if the readers have an idea of what we want to do at the first place with pan (not in term of solutions, but as design goals). I wonder whether some sort of priorities of pan design goals can be provided. See an example in Section 3.11 of RFC 6227.

You may find some other few comments at:

* pdf : https://github.com/boucadair/IETF-Drafts-Reviews/blob/master/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05-rev%20Med.pdf
* doc: https://github.com/boucadair/IETF-Drafts-Reviews/raw/master/draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05-rev%20Med.doc

Feel free to consider those comments as part of the Last Call.

Cheers,
Med

De : Panrg [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Spencer Dawkins at IETF
Envoyé : mardi 10 décembre 2019 23:21
À : [email-masked]
Objet : Re: [PANRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-panrg-what-not-to-do-05.txt

Dear PANRG,

I believe this version of the draft reflects our conversations at IETF 105 and 106, and is ready for Brian and Jan to request Last Call.

Best,

Spencer The Editor

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 4:16 PM <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org<http://tools.ietf.org>.

_______________________________________________
Panrg mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/panrg