Subject: [PANRG] [NoF 2021] The Call for Demos is now open

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 07:47:08 +0900

Apologies for cross-posting

********************************************************************************

                                 Call for Demos

                                    NoF 2021

           The 12th International Conference on Network of the Future

                     October 6-8, 2021 – Coimbra, Portugal

                                  Hybrid event

                            http://nof2021.dnac.org
<http://nof2021.dnac.org>                        

********************************************************************************

NoF2021 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE, IEEE ComSoc.

All accepted & presented demo papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore.

*** *Paper submission deadline: July 19,* *2021* ***

The  12th  International Conference on  Network of the Future (NoF) is 
inviting

authors to submit original contributions  in the area of Future Internet
design,

with emphasis on enabling and cutting-edge technologies from the
perspectives of

specification,  design and  analysis related to  network of future
architecture,

applications, services,  management, scalability,  standardization,
business and

legal aspects, just to name a few.

NoF2021 Demo Sessions aims at offering  a venue for the latest
breakthroughs in

the topics of interest of NoF 2021  to be presented live and  discussed
with the

audience.  Demos ranging from working prototypes, novel applications and
ground-

breaking ideas to live experiments in the areas shaping future networks
are wel-

come. We also encourage demos from industrial researchers.

The  conference  aims  at  providing  a  forum  for  researchers, 
students, and

professionals  to  exchange ideas,  share  their experiences,  and
discuss their

research results  around a single-track  of technical sessions  and a
series  of

keynote speeches.

NoF2021 will take place at the University of Coimbra in Portugal.

The  conference  will  be  designed  and prepared  as a  hybrid  event 
allowing

registrants the choice to participate either virtually or in-person. In
the case

of perduring traveling restrictions (official or de facto) during the
conference

dates due  to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will  be ready to convert the
conference

to a fully on-line event.

*** Topics of interest ***

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

Networks

  * 5G/6G networks

  * Virtual networks

  * Overlay networks

  * Wireless networks and cellular networks

  * Wireless sensor networks

  * Access, metro, backbone and core networks

  * Vehicular ad hoc networks and intelligent transportation systems

  * Mesh and ad hoc networks

  * Internet of Things networks

  * Information-centric networks

  * Enterprise networks and campus networks

  * Time-sensitive networks

  * Data center networks

  * Optical networks

  * IP networks

  * Home networks

  * SCADA networks and distributed control systems

  * Smart Cities and Smart Grids

  * Resilient networks

Enablers

  * Quality of service and traffic engineering

  * Network Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Reasoning

  * Network Data Analytics, Anomaly Detection, Feature Extraction

  * Network automation and orchestration

  * Autonomic, Cognitive and Intent-based Networking

  * 5G/6G Network Architecture, Services and Protocols

  * 5G/6G Control and Management Architecture

  * 5G/6G Functional Decomposition and Composition

  * Advanced 5G Infrastructure Slicing and Radio Slicing

  * Scalability and multi-tenancy in 5G/6G

  * Network Programmability and Softwarization

  * Protocols for Ultra-Low Latency and Ultra-High Reliability

  * Fog, Edge and Multi-Access Computing

  * Software Defined Networking (SDN) and High Availability

  * Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Orchestration

  * Service Function Chaining and Virtual Network Embedding

  * Big data and Fast Data Processing and Management

  * CDN Architectures and Network Cache Allocation Schemes

  * Advanced multimedia and real-time communications

  * Performance, Optimization and Resource Dimensioning

  * Security, Trust and Privacy

  * Use of Blockchains in Networking and Servicing

*** Submission guidelines ***

Prospective authors are invited  to submit Demo proposals in the form of
a 3-page

paper in  IEEE conference  double-column format, preferably 
incorporating a demo

system architecture illustration. The proposal should also include:

  * a motivation of the demo;

  * a clear statement of what will be demonstrated,  key networking
concepts that

    are involved and the specific contribution with respect to related work;

  * what  NoF 2021 attendees  will experience  during the demonstration,
possibly

    with visual outcomes to highlight the interest of the demo;

  * relevant references,  in particular if  the demo is related  to a
paper being

    sub-mitted in the main conference;

  * the demo setup and technical requirements.

Authors are also encouraged to optionally include  in the paper
submission a link

that opens a quite short (1-3 min) video illustrating the demo and its
scope.

Demo papers must be submitted  electronically through EDAS in  PDF
format only at 

https://edas.info/N28072 <https://edas.info/N28072>

For specific details  about submission format and procedure, please check:

https://nof2021.dnac.org/call-for-papers/
<https://nof2021.dnac.org/call-for-papers/>

Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted proposals will be 
included in the

conference proceedings  provided to NoF 2021  attendees and will  be
subsequently

submitted to IEEE Xplore.

At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to
register to NoF

2021 conference and present the demo at the scheduled demo session.

*** Important dates ***

- Paper submission deadline: *July 19, 2021*

- Paper acceptance notification: July 30, 2021

- Camera-ready Papers:  August 30, 2021

*** Demo Co-Chairs ***

Federica Paganelli  ([email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>, University of Pisa, Italy)

Paulo Simoes ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>, University
of Coimbra, Portugal)