Subject: [PANRG] CFP: ACM SIGCOMM SOSR 2021 (Deadline: June 11 AoE, 2021)

From: Qiao Xiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 23:12:05 +0800

Dear members of PANRG,

Programmable networking is making huge progress in development. The ACM
SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) is the premiere venue for research
publications on programmable networking and SDN. PANRG is a high related
IRTF venue. We want to kindly invite submissions to SOSR'21 (
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sosr/2021/), which has a deadline of June
11.

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

================================================

CALL FOR PAPERS

2021 ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR'21)

September 20-21, 2021

https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sosr/2021/
================================================

The ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) is the premiere venue for
research publications on SDN, building on past years' successful SOSR and
HotSDN (Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking) workshops. SOSR 2021 (
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sosr/2021/) will be fully virtual on
September 20 & 21, 2021.

We invite submissions from researchers and practitioners on a wide range of
related areas on SDN in particular and SDx in general, including, but not
limited to:
- Software-defined, programmable control plane applications
- Software-defined, programmable data plane applications
- Foundations of programmable network deployments and related applications
- Applications of SDN in home, wireless, cellular, enterprise, datacenter,
backbone, Internet of Things (IoT), edge computing, and content
distribution networks
- Applications of SDN to networks and co-deployed technologies (e.g.
Cyber-Physical Systems, transportation or autonomous technologies, smart
cities/buildings, or physical sensors such as video cameras and
environmental sensors)
- Applications of SDN to content-centric networking, computational
workflows, etc.
- Applications of SDN at the physical layer
- Incremental deployment of SDN into operational networks along with
experiences deploying SDN technology and applications in operational
networks
- Integration of SDN into open-source compute ecosystem

We will consider both long and short previously unpublished papers,
choosing the length appropriate to the level of completeness and detail in
the work. We invite both traditional research papers and Experience and
Challenge papers.

Experience and Challenge papers: Given that SDN has been successfully
deployed in a variety of production environments, “Experience” papers
detailing, evaluating, or providing a retrospective of the practical
impacts of SDN deployments will be of great use to the scientific
community. And while SDN technologies are currently deployed in production
environments, the promise of software-driven networking remains large. As
such, “Challenge” papers outlining the next steps, challenges, or radical
ideas for software-driven networking and systems will also be requested.
Both long and short Challenge and Experience papers are invited.

In addition to traditional research papers and Experience and Challenge
papers, we also seek (both long and short) papers that present
- Surveys of important SDN concepts, techniques, and standards technical
overviews of larger research projects, production systems, and use cases
- Open-source benchmark suites or measurement data for evaluating SDN
systems

========================================================================================
Important Dates
Paper submission: June 11, 2021 (AoE)
Notification:     August 1, 2021
Camera-ready due: August 22, 2021
Fully Virtual Conference: September 20 & 21, 2021
========================================================================================
Organizers
General Chair: Lihua Yuan (Microsoft)
Program Chairs: Y. Richard Yang (Yale), Ying Zhang (Facebook Inc.)

Please direct any submission-related questions to the program co-chairs (
[email-masked], [email-masked]).

Best wishes
Qiao Xiang
--
Qiao Xiang
Professor, Xiamen University