Subject: [PANRG] Transport for Satellite Draft

From: Tom Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 18:36:54 +0100

Hi PANRG,

Yesterday (today?) I presented our draft, Transport for Satellite, to
the research group. As a short summary we are trying to document the
considerations that designers and implementers of transport protocols
need to make, to best accommodate satellite links.

The draft contains descriptions of GEO systems and we are looking for
contributions so that we can document LEO, MEO and hybrid networks.

If you can help with these areas we would love to hear from you, we are
happy to take comments on the this document, directly, on this list or
via github issues:

https://github.com/uoaerg/draft-jones-transport-for-satellite

We are happy to take text or references that describe the
characteristics of SATCOM networks, but we would be exceedingly pleased
if access could be arranged to run experiments.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-tsvwg-transport-for-satellite/

Finally it would be great to hear from the wider research group if this
work is of interest to PANRG.

Thanks

Tom