Subject: [paws] Proposed text: Top-level timeRange and frequencyRanges

From: Vincent Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 17:53:56 -0800

All,

In order to distinguish between "explicit off" versus "no information", both
in terms of time intervals and frequency ranges, the following was proposed
at the F2F. I've included the text that would go with the data model that
was presented.

Please let me know if this is acceptable. Thanks.

-vince

5.9.  SpectrumSpec

   The SpectrumSpec element encapsulates the schedule of available
   spectrum for a regulatory domain.

   +---------------------------------------+
   |SpectrumSpec                           |
   +----------------------------+----------+
   |rulesetInfo:RulesetInfo     | required |
   |spectrumSchedules:list      | required |-----+
*   |timeRange:EventTime         | optional |     |*
*   |frequencyRanges:list        | optional |     |*
   |needsSpectrumReport:boolean | optional |     |
   |maxTotalBwHz:float          | optional |     |
   |maxContiguousBwHz:float     | optional |     |
   +----------------------------+----------+     |
                                                 | 1..*
                                                 V
                                      +-------------------------------+
                                      |SpectrumSchedule               |
                                      +--------------------+----------+
                                      |eventTime:EventTime | required |
                                      |spectra:list        | required |
                                      +--------------------+----------+

   Parameters:

   ....
*   timeRange:  The time range for which the specification is
comprehensive is OPTIONAL.  When specified, any gaps in time*
*      intervals within the "spectrumSchedules" element MUST be*
*      interpreted by the Device as time intervals in which there are no*
*      available spectrum.*
*   frequencyRanges:  The frequency ranges for which the specification is*
*      comprehensive is OPTIONAL.  It is a list of FrequencyRange*
*      (Section 5.13) entries, and the ranges MUST be disjoint.  When*
*      specified, it SHOULD correspond to the frequency ranges governed*
*      by the ruleset.  A Device may combine this information with the*
*      available-spectrum specification within the "spectrumSchedules"*
*      element to distinguish between "unavailable spectrum" and*
*      "spectrum for which no information has been provided".*
    ...