Subject: [paws] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-paws-protocol-14.txt> (Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:09:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol to Access WS database
WG (paws) to consider the following document:
- 'Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases'
  <draft-ietf-paws-protocol-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

A prior Last Call was made for version -12 of this document. Comments
received during that discussion lead to extensive edits to the document,
which could benefit from a second review.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to licensees are
   available for non-interfering use.  This available spectrum is called
   "White Space."  Allowing secondary users access to available spectrum
   "unlocks" existing spectrum to maximize its utilization and to
   provide opportunities for innovation, resulting in greater overall
   spectrum utilization.

   One approach to managing spectrum sharing uses databases to report
   spectrum availability to devices.  To achieve interoperability among
   multiple devices and databases, a standardized protocol must be
   defined and implemented.  This document defines such a protocol, the
   "Protocol to Access White Space (PAWS) Databases".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2203/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2340/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2239/

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 20:54:58 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-paws-protocol-14
Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review Date: 6-Aug-2014
IETF LC End Date: 20-Aug-2014
IESG Telechat date: 21-Aug-2014

Summary: Ready for publication as Proposed Standard

Version -14 addresses the concerns I raised with -12.
Thanks again to the WG and the authors for such quick and effective 
responses.

RjS

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:16:13 +0300

Thank you very much for the review and re-review, Robert. And thanks for the updates, Vincent.

Jari

On 07 Aug 2014, at 04:54, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks again to the WG and the authors for such quick and effective responses.
> 
> RjS