Subject: [paws] Please review IPR disclosure https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2340/

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:54:40 -0500

PAWS participants:

Somehow an IPR disclosure was filed on the PAWS protocol document for 
which we did not see an announcement:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2340/

As far as I can tell from the title (given that the referenced IP is an 
as-yet-unpublished patent), this applies to the database discovery 
portion of the protocol. Since we have removed much of that discussion, 
we expect mostly pre-configuration, and we have yet to (and may never) 
complete the actual database discovery work, I think this may have no 
effect on folks implementing the protocol. But I do need to confirm that 
the WG is aware of this and still thinks it's OK to move forward with 
the protocol document.

If there are any objections to moving forward, I need to hear that 
immediately.

However, I would like to hear an overt, "Yes, understood, and it's fine 
to move forward" from some folks who might be implementing the protocol.

Thanks,

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478