Subject: [Pce] update of PCEP rev-04 and BRPC rev-02

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:53:50 -0500

Dear WG,

Just a quick update on this rev-04 of PCEP and rev-02 of the BRPC  
IDs. In the previous revision of PCEP, in case of unsuccesful path  
computation, the PCE had the ability to indicate the constraint(s)  
that could not be satisfied when the path computation failure was due  
to the inability to find a path satisfying the constraints. But if  
the cause of path computation failure is non related to the  
constraints (e.g. PCE unavailable, Unknown destination, ...) there  
was no way to indicate such failure cause. Thus we simply defined a  
new optional TLV (32-bit flags) named the NO-PATH-VECTOR TLV carried  
within the NO-PATH object to support that feature. In the case of the  
BRPC procedure, one possible cause of path computation failure that  
falls into this category could be the unavailability of a downstream  
PCE. Thus, we define a new bit for the NO-PATH-VECTOR TLV in draft- 
ietf-pce-brpc-02.txt to report such failure case.

Thanks.

JP.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce