Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Path Computation Element (PCE) communication Protocol (PCEP) - Version 1
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt
	Pages		: 66
	Date		: 2007-1-12
	
This document specifies the Path Computation Element communication
   Protocol (PCEP) for communications between a Path Computation Client
   (PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE), or between two PCEs.
   Such interactions include path computation requests and path
   computation replies as well as notifications of specific states
   related to the use of a PCE in the context of MPLS and GMPLS Traffic
   Engineering.  The PCEP protocol is designed to be flexible and
   extensible so as to easily allow for the addition of further messages
   and objects, should further requirements be expressed in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:57:26 -0500

Here are the minor changes:

1) Change in the OPEN object format to align the field on byte  
boundaries,

2) Addition of a new Reason for closing in the CLOSE object.

In rev-04 we had:

Reasons
     Value        Meaning
       1          No explanation provided
       2          DeadTimer expired
       3          PCEP session characteristics negotiation failure

New:
       4          Reception of a malformed packet

3) Typo

Thanks.

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: January 12, 2007 6:50:01 PM EST
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt
>
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>

---

From: "fabien.verhaeghe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:14:20 +0100

Hello JP, All,

I have a question about the PCntf message format:

   <PCNtf Message>::=<Common Header>
                     <notify-list>
   <notify-list>::=<notify> [<notify-list>]
   <notify>::= [<request-id-list>]
                <notification-list>
   <request-id-list>:==<RP><request-id-list>
   <notification-list>:=<NOTIFICATION><notification-list>

It seems to mean that we have the following kind of relation between RP and NOTFICATION object:
  RP --(0..n)--------(1..n)--NOTIFICATION

While reading the description of the NOTIFICATION object it seems to me that it should be
  RP --(0..n)--------(1..1)--NOTIFICATION

Shouldn't we have the following description? 

   <PCNtf Message>::=<Common Header>
                     <notify-list>
   <notify-list>::=<notify> [<notify-list>]
   <notify>::= [<request-id-list>]
                <NOTIFICATION>
   <request-id-list>:==<RP><request-id-list>

Or is it to offer some flexibility?
Note that the same question/remark applies to Error message.

By the way I just noticed a typo in 7.13 NOTIFICATION

"If a new PCEP session is established while the PCE is in
         congested state, the PCE MUST immediately send a PCErr with
         Notification-type=2, Notification-value=1 along with the
         optional CONGESTION-DURATION TLV."

Seems PCErr should be replaced by PCntf.

Thanks 
Fabien

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: JP Vasseur 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:57 AM
  Subject: Fwd: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-05.txt 

  1) Change in the OPEN object format to align the field on byte boundaries,

  In rev-04 we had: 

  Reasons
      Value        Meaning

  New:

  3) Typo

  Thanks.

  JP.

  Begin forwarded message:

    Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
    In the body type:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------