Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Path Computation Element (PCE) communication Protocol (PCEP)
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt
	Pages		: 69
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
This document specifies the Path Computation Element communication
   Protocol (PCEP) for communications between a Path Computation Client
   (PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE), or between two PCEs.
   Such interactions include path computation requests and path
   computation replies as well as notifications of specific states
   related to the use of a PCE in the context of Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering.  The
   PCEP protocol is designed to be flexible and extensible so as to
   easily allow for the addition of further messages and objects, should
   further requirements be expressed in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:57:45 -0500

Dear WG,

Here are the changes made in rev-07:

1) Edits
2) Version field of the OPEN Object has been aligned with the version  
field of the PCEP common header message (both 3 bits)
3) Text Removed:
*  If a new PCEP session is established while the PCE is in
          congested state, the PCE MUST immediately send a PCNtf with
          Notification-type=2, Notification-value=1 along with the
          optional CONGESTION-DURATION TLV.
4) OpenWait value=1mn (amount of time a PCEP peer will wait to  
receive an OPEN)
5) Addition:
    Error-Type=3 or Error-Type=4: if a PCEP message is received that
    carries a PCEP object (with the P flag set) not recognized by the  
PCE
    or recognized but not supported, then the PCE MUST send a PCErr
    message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=3 and 4 respectively).
    In addition, the PCC MAY include in the PCErr message the unknown
    object.  The corresponding path computation request MUST be  
cancelled
    by the PCE without further notification.
6) Few Editorial updates in the FSM
7) Remove of PCErr Error-type=9 (DeadTimer): we just send the Close  
message with value=2
8) New Manageability section

Thanks.

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: March 5, 2007 3:50:03 PM EST
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-07.txt
>
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>