Subject: [Pce] contradiction in section 10

From: Dennis Aristow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:37:01 +0100

In section 10.  where the Idle-State is descripted:

	...
In Idle state, PCEP resources are allocated (memory, potential process, ...) 
but no PCEP messages are accepted from any PCEP peer.

	...

Upon receiving a TCP connection on the well-known PCEP TCP port, if
the PCE is in congested state, the PCE MUST immediately send a PCErr
with Notification-type=2, Notification-value=1 along with the
optional CONGESTION-DURATION TLV (see Section 7.13).
	...

These 2 pieces of text seems to be in contradiction with each other.

How it must be possible to send an PCNtf message if there are no PCEP session 
established?

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce