Subject: [Pce] draft-lee-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:07:28 -0600

Hi all,

We have posted a new revision (02) of PCE Global Concurrent Optimization
(GCO) draft.  Major changes have been made to be consistent with a new draft
on objective functions (OF): pce-leroux-pce-of-00.txt. 

We'd appreciate WG comments and feedback. 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimiza
tion-02.txt 

Regards,

Young 

----Original Message -------

*	To: i-d-announce at <mailto:[email-masked]>  ietf.org 
*	Subject: I-D
ACTION:draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt 
*	From: Internet-Drafts at <mailto:[email-masked]>
ietf.org 
*	Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:50:02 -0500 
*	Cc: 
*	List-archive: <http://www1.ietf.org/pipermail/i-d-announce> 
*	List-help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help> 
*	List-id: i-d-announce.ietf.org 
*	List-post: <mailto:[email-masked]> 
*	List-subscribe:
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe> 
*	List-unsubscribe:
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> 
*	Reply-to: internet-drafts at <mailto:[email-masked]>
ietf.org 

  _____  

size=2 width="100%" align=center> 
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

               Title                        : Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCECP) Requirements and Protocol Extensions In
Support of Global Concurrent Optimization
               Author(s)                : Y. Lee, et al.
               Filename                :
draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt
               Pages                    : 30
               Date                       : 2007-3-1
               
The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a network component,
   application, or node that is capable of performing path computations
   at the request of Path Computation Clients (PCCs).  The PCE is
   applied in Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering
   (MPLS-TE) networks and in Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks to
   determine the routes of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) through the
   network.  The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
   is specified for communications between PCCs and PCEs, and between
   cooperating PCEs.
 
   When computing or re-optimizing the routes of a set of LSPs through a
   network it may be advantageous to perform bulk path computations in
   order to avoid blocking problems and to achieve more optimal network-
   wide solutions.  Such bulk optimization is termed Global Concurrent
   Optimization (GCO).  A Global Concurrent Optimization is able to
   simultaneously consider the entire topology of the network and the
   complete set of existing LSPs, and their respective constraints, and
   look to optimize or re-optimize the entire network to satisfy all
   constraints for all LSPs.
 
   This document provides application-specific requirements and the PCEP
   extensions in support of a global concurrent path computation
   application.
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimiza
tion-02.txt

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce