Subject: [Pce] Document Action: 'Policy-Enabled Path Computation Framework' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:17:01 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Policy-Enabled Path Computation Framework '
   <draft-ietf-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-policy-enabled-path-comp-04.txt

Technical Summary

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) Architecture introduces the
   concept of policy in the context of path computation. This document
   provides additional details on policy within the PCE Architecture and
   also provides context for the support of PCE Policy. This document
   introduces the use of the Policy Core Information Model (PCIM) as a
   framework for supporting path computation policy. This document also
   provides representative scenarios for the support of PCE Policy.

Working Group Summary

   No controversy reported. The working group chairs were not
   completely convinced that there was a need for this document, 
   but members of the working group were supportive, and it is 
   certainly true that policy is discussed within the PCE 
   architecture (RFC 4655) and is very applicable for inter-AS PCE.
   To the shepherding AD (Ross), the information discussed in this
   document is very much central to the point of PCE, and the only
   issue is whether it is so obvious that it is not necessary to 
   actually write it down (but in general it seems better to write 
   down non-controversial explanatory material). 

   As reported in the PROTO writeup, there were no problems with 
   consensus for this document, and when the I-D was accepted by 
   the WG there was strong support.

Document Quality

   This is an informational document that does not specify any
   protocol that could be implemented. The work that is ongoing 
   in the PCE WG is compatible with this document. 

Personnel

   Adrian Farrel is the document shepherd. He has personally 
   reviewed the I-D and believes it is ready for forwarding to
   the IESG for publication. Ross Callon is the responsible AD.
   There are no IANA actions required. A null IANA section is present.

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce