Subject: [Pce] Fwd: RFC 6417 on How to Contribute Research Results to Internet Standardization

From: Julien Meuric <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:27:10 +0100

FYI

-------- Message original --------
De : 	[email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 6417

         Title:      How to Contribute Research Results
                     to Internet Standardization
         Author:     P. Eardley, L. Eggert,
                     M. Bagnulo, R. Winter
         Status:     Informational
         Stream:     Independent
         Date:       November 2011
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],  [email-masked]
         Pages:      14
         Characters: 33781
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-weeb-research-to-internet-stds-03.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6417.txt

The development of new technology is driven by scientific research.
The Internet, with its roots in the ARPANET and NSFNet, is
no exception.  Many of the fundamental, long-term improvements to the
architecture, security, end-to-end protocols and management of the
Internet originate in the related academic research communities.
Even shorter-term, more commercially driven extensions are oftentimes
derived from academic research.  When interoperability is required,
the IETF standardizes such new technology.  Timely and relevant
standardization benefits from continuous input and review from the
academic research community.

For an individual researcher, it can however be quite puzzling how to
begin to most effectively participate in the IETF and arguably to a
much lesser degree, the IRTF.  The interactions in the IETF are
much different than those in academic conferences, and effective
participation follows different rules.  The goal of this document is
to highlight such differences and provide a rough guideline that will
hopefully enable researchers new to the IETF to become successful
contributors more quickly.  This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce