Subject: [Pce] Possible Errata regarding RFC6006

From: Udayasree palle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:39:45 +0000

Hi All,
               Please check and let me know your suggestion

Regards,
Udayasree

From: Udayasree palle
Sent: 10 December 2013 15:38
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Posasible Errata regarding draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions

Hi All,

3.15.  P2MP PCEP-ERROR Objects and Types

Error-Type=18; Error-Value=1: if a PCE has not received the last
   piece of the fragmented message, it should send an error message to
   the sender to signal that it has received an incomplete message
   (i.e., "Fragmented request failure").  The PCE MUST send a PCErr
   message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=18) and an Error-Value
   (Error-Value=1).

The fragmentation is done for both request and reply messages, but it looks like the error value is defined only for request.

Suggested Text:
               Make it generic

-        Remove the word 'request'

-        Replace PCE with PCEP speaker

-        Update IANA

Error-Type=18; Error-Value=1: if a PCEP speaker has not received the last
   piece of the fragmented message, it should send an error message to
   the sender to signal that it has received an incomplete message
   (i.e., "Fragmented failure").  The PCEP speaker MUST send a PCErr
   message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=18) and an Error-Value
   (Error-Value=1).

Or

Add a new Error-Value!

How to handle this?

Regards,
Udayasree

---

From: Quintin zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:45:15 +0000

Udayasree,

The fragmentation is only for the request message only,  see section 3.3.1 of RFC 6006:

“The F-bit is added to the flag bits of the RP object to indicate to
   the receiver that the request is part of a fragmented request, or is
   not a fragmented request.”

There is no fragmentation function supported in reply message, so there is no need to have a error code for the reply message.

Regards,
Quintin

From: Udayasree palle [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 2013?12?13? 7:40
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Possible Errata regarding RFC6006

Hi All,

Regards,
Udayasree

From: Udayasree palle
Sent: 10 December 2013 15:38
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Posasible Errata regarding draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions

Hi All,

Suggested Text:
               Make it generic

-        Remove the word ‘request’

-        Update IANA

Or

Add a new Error-Value!

How to handle this?

Regards,
Udayasree