Subject: [Pce] Posasible Errata regarding draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions

From: Udayasree palle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:08:01 +0000

Hi All,

3.15.  P2MP PCEP-ERROR Objects and Types

Error-Type=18; Error-Value=1: if a PCE has not received the last
   piece of the fragmented message, it should send an error message to
   the sender to signal that it has received an incomplete message
   (i.e., "Fragmented request failure").  The PCE MUST send a PCErr
   message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=18) and an Error-Value
   (Error-Value=1).

The fragmentation is done for both request and reply messages, but it looks like the error value is defined only for request.

Suggested Text:
               Make it generic

-        Remove the word 'request'

-        Replace PCE with PCEP speaker

-        Update IANA

Error-Type=18; Error-Value=1: if a PCEP speaker has not received the last
   piece of the fragmented message, it should send an error message to
   the sender to signal that it has received an incomplete message
   (i.e., "Fragmented failure").  The PCEP speaker MUST send a PCErr
   message with a PCEP-ERROR object (Error-Type=18) and an Error-Value
   (Error-Value=1).

Or

Add a new Error-Value!

How to handle this?

Regards,
Udayasree