Subject: [Pce] Diversity related drafts

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:03:48 +0000

Hi,

Based on the inputs in the last IETF meeting, we have updated the domain diversity draft.
Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-dwpz-pce-domain-diverse-00&url2=draft-dwpz-pce-domain-diverse-01
Main Changes
~ Motivation
~ Relationship between SVEC flags and OF
~ A section on Diversity v/s Optimality

Also based on Adrian comments a new ID is created for new OFs (maximizing diversity with respect to node, link and SRLG during synchronized path computation).
ID: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhody-pce-of-diverse/
Abstract:
   The computation of one or a set of Traffic Engineering Label Switched
   Paths (TE LSPs) in MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks is subject to a set of one or more
   specific optimization criteria, referred to as objective functions.

   In the Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture, a Path
   Computation Client (PCC) may want a set of services that are required
   to be diverse (disjointed) from each other.  In case when full
   diversity could not be achieved, it is helpful to maximize diversity
   as much as possible (or in other words, minimize the common shared
   resources).

   This document defines objective function code types for three new
   objective functions for this purpose to be applied to a set of
   synchronized path computation requests.

Comments are most welcome! 

Regards,
Dhruv

---------------------------------------------------------------
Dhruv Dhody 
System Architect, 
Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.,
Banagalore
Mobile: +91-9845062422
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from 
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is 
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way 
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, 
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended 
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please 
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!