Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-questions-06.txt> (Unanswered Questions in the Path Computation Element Architecture) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:30:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Unanswered Questions in the Path Computation Element Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-pce-questions-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture is set out in RFC
   4655. The architecture is extended for multi-layer networking with
   the introduction of the Virtual Network Topology Manager (VNTM) in
   RFC 5623, and generalized to Hierarchical PCE (H-PCE) in RFC 6805.

   These three architectural views of PCE deliberately leave some key
   questions unanswered especially with respect to the interactions
   between architectural components.  This document draws out those
   questions and discusses them in an architectural context with
   reference to other architectural components, existing protocols, and
   recent IETF work efforts.

   This document does not update the architecture documents and does not
   define how protocols or components must be used.  It does, however,
   suggest how the architectural components might be combined to provide
   advanced PCE function.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-questions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-questions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.