Subject: [Pce] Document Action: 'PCEP Requirements for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:29:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PCEP Requirements for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment'
  (draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-15.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength/

Technical Summary

   This memo provides application-specific requirements for the Path
   Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) for the support of
   Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON). Lightpath provisioning
   in WSONs requires a routing and wavelength assignment (RWA) process.
   From a path computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the
   process of determining which wavelength can be used on each hop of a
   path and forms an additional routing constraint to optical light
   path computation. Requirements for PCEP extensions in support of
   optical impairments will be addressed in a separate document.

Working Group Summary

  There are some closely related I-Ds just coming out of CCAMP.
  The PCE WG waited until those I-Ds had completed WG last 
  call in CCAMP to ensure compatibility. but there is no strong
  dependency that requires this document to be held up or
  reviewed at the same time as the other documents.

  There was nothing contentious in the WG process.

Document Quality

  This is a requirements specification and so not ripe for implementation.
  Cyril Margaria & Ramon Casllas did useful LC reviews.

Personnel

  Julien Meuric is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director