Subject: [Pce] Protocol Action: 'Secure Transport for PCEP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-pceps-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 11:22:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Secure Transport for PCEP'
  (draft-ietf-pce-pceps-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pceps/

Technical Summary

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) defines
the mechanisms for the communication between a Path Computation
Client (PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE), or among PCEs.
This document describe the usage of Transport Layer Security (TLS) to
enhance PCEP security, hence the PCEPS acronym proposed for it.  The
additional security mechanisms are provided by the transport protocol
supporting PCEP, and therefore they do not affect the flexibility and
extensibility of PCEP.

Working Group Summary

There has been no particular controversy and the consensus behind
 the document is good.

Document Quality

The document is good. It has been reviewed outside of the PCE WG for
the TLS mechanisms.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Cyril Margaria 
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard