Subject: [Pce] Fwd: PCE-BSID Question to the List

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 09:18:48 +0700

Dear PCE,

Following our presentation in Bangkok, https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-pce-23-binding-segment-00.pdf

The authors would like to ask the WG the following:

(1) Do we link the Binding SID to the PCEP SR capability? Currently we
can assign BSID for RSVP-TE LSP as well.

(2) Is WG happy with TE-PATH-BINDING TLV format?

0 1 2 3
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Type | Length |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Binding Type (BT) | Binding Value |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
~ Binding Value (continued) (variable length) ~
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Figure 2: TE-PATH-BINDING TLV

(3) Is there a use case for binding value as “index” in SRGB/SRLB?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jeff