Subject: [Pce] Looking for a new Secretary for the PCE working group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 08:31:58 -0000

Hi,

As you know, Dhruv was the WG secretary for PCE (and a very good job he did
of it, too).

With his elevation to co-chair, we're looking for a new secretary, and we'd
love to hear from some volunteers. You can email direct to the chairs at
[email-masked]

The position doesn't take up a lot of time. The sort of tasks we need help
with mainly bunch up around the face-to-face meeting and include:
- Helping to coordinate and upload meeting materials (presentation slides)
- Making sure that there are minute takers for the meeting
- Collating and preparing the meeting minutes

Additionally, we would welcome help keeping track of the status of drafts
and managing the queues of documents that need to be processed
(https://trac.ietf.org/trac/pce/wiki/WikiStart).

Ideally, a candidate would:
- care about the PCE technology (but not necessary to be an expert)
- have some working knowledge about the IETF
- some knowledge of the work of the PCE WG and the people in it
- plan to come to at least two out of the three IETF meetings each year
- have enough command of English to work on the minutes (but not required to
be really good!)
- have enough time/support from your employer to do this

If you're not sure you qualify, but you want to do it, then please volunteer
and let the chairs decide.

There are some really helpful notes about being a WG secretary at
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-secretaries-good-practices-07.txt

In return you get:
- our undying gratitude
- exposure to more understanding of how the IETF works
- invitation to the WG chairs' training lunches at each IETF meeting
- your name on the WG charter page

Thanks,
Adrian (for the PCE chairs)