Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 01:09:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PCEP Extension for Flow Specification
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2019-02-15

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a functional component capable
   of selecting the paths through a traffic engineered network.  These
   paths may be supplied in response to requests for computation, or may
   be unsolicited instructions issued by the PCE to network elements.
   Both approaches use the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) to convey
   the details of the computed path.

   Traffic flows may be categorized and described using "Flow
   Specifications".  RFC 5575 defines the Flow Specification and
   describes how Flow Specification Components are used to describe
   traffic flows.  RFC 5575 also defines how Flow Specifications may be
   distributed in BGP to allow specific traffic flows to be associated
   with routes.

   This document specifies a set of extensions to PCEP to support
   dissemination of Flow Specifications.  This allows a PCE to indicate
   what traffic should be placed on each path that it is aware of.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:22:26 +0000

Hi WG, 

This main changes in this updates are - 

- Manageability Considerations (Thanks Adrian!)
- Overlapping FlowSpec (we rely on the BGP flowspec procedures as per RFC 5575)
- Use of Speaker Entity ID TLV in FLOWSPEC object
- Update in Multicast Flow Spec TLV
- Moving Route Distinguisher TLV to this I-D
- Few other cleanups. 

Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03

There are no more pending actions. Now would be a good time for reviews.
Since both Adrian and I are co-authors in this one, Julien would be running the usual WG process.

Thanks! 
Dhruv & Adrian (as WG members)

--
Dhruv Dhody 
Lead Architect
Network Business Line
Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Survey No. 37, Next to EPIP Area, Kundalahalli, Whitefield
Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560066 
Tel: + 91-80-49160700 Ext 71583 II Email: [email-masked]

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which 
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the 
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial 
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended 
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by 
phone or email immediately and delete it!

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 15 February 2019 14:40
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-03.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
> tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce