Subject: [Pce] Updates RE: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 18:40:23 -0000

Dear PCE'rs, 

Happy Chinese New Year! 

Please find attached an update to draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions
addressing a few important comments from Adrian. Updates to the I-D include:

- Additional clarifying text for Parent PCE Capability Advertisement
- New sub-section highlighting applicability of procedures and encodings in
the I-D to PCC-PCE Communications
- Further discussion of the Backwards Compatibility behavior
- Reintroducing an appendix that provides details on implementations, this
section will be removed before publication
- Addressing various grammar NITs

BR, Dan (and the co-authors)

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 06 February 2019 17:18
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Hierarchical Path Computation Elements
(PCE)
        Authors         : Fatai Zhang
                          Quintin Zhao
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          R. Casellas
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2019-02-06

Abstract:
   The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture is
   defined in RFC 6805.  It provides a mechanism to derive an optimum
   end-to-end path in a multi-domain environment by using a hierarchical
   relationship between domains to select the optimum sequence of
   domains and optimum paths across those domains.

   This document defines extensions to the Path Computation Element
   Protocol (PCEP) to support Hierarchical PCE procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:50:24 -0000

Thanks Dan/co-authors,

This revision addressed my concerns.

I told Dhruv, and he seems to have pushed the draft forward.

Cheers,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Pce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 06 February 2019 18:40
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] Updates RE: I-D Action:
draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-09.txt

Dear PCE'rs, 

Happy Chinese New Year! 

-----Original Message-----

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce