Subject: [Pce] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-association-group-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 14:37:36 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-association-group-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-association-group/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 6.1.

   Association Source: 4 or 16 bytes - A valid IPv4 or IPv6 address that
   provides scoping for the Association ID.  See Section 6.1.3 for
   details.

If I understand correctly, the length of this field is not really 4 or 16 bytes
but rather fully dependent on the ASSOCIATION Object-Type. i.e. you cannot have
a 16 byte address here if the Object_Type is 1. If so, it would be good to
state this dependence explicitly. Suggest something like

  Association Source: Contains a valid IPv4 address (4 bytes) if  the
  ASSOCIATION Object-Type is 1 or a valid IPv6 address (16 bytes) if  the
  ASSOCIATION Object-Type is 2. It provides scoping for the Association ID. 
  See Section 6.1.3 for details.

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:17:22 +0000

Hi Suresh, 

Agreed, and updated in the working copy. 

https://github.com/dhruvdhody-huawei/ietf/commit/4cfd450b0cef372c04340aed2d5cb3639887f631

Thanks! 
Dhruv

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Suresh Krishnan via
> Datatracker
> Sent: 11 July 2019 03:08
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; draft-ietf-pce-association-
> [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-
> association-group-09: (with COMMENT)
> 
> If I understand correctly, the length of this field is not really 4 or 16
> bytes but rather fully dependent on the ASSOCIATION Object-Type. i.e. you
> cannot have a 16 byte address here if the Object_Type is 1. If so, it
> would be good to state this dependence explicitly. Suggest something like
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:40:50 +0000

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 2:17 AM, Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Suresh, 
> 

Thanks Dhruv. Looks good to me.

Regards
Suresh