Subject: [Pce] RFC 8733 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for MPLS-TE Label Switched Path (LSP) Auto-Bandwidth Adjustment with Stateful PCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:58:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8733

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)                     
                    Extensions for MPLS-TE Label Switched Path (LSP) 
                    Auto-Bandwidth Adjustment with Stateful PCE 
        Author:     D. Dhody, Ed.,
                    R. Gandhi, Ed.,
                    U. Palle,
                    R. Singh,
                    L. Fang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8733

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8733

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
computations in response to Path Computation Client (PCC) requests.
Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of MPLS-TE Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) using PCEP.

The auto-bandwidth feature allows automatic and dynamic adjustment of
the TE LSP bandwidth reservation based on the volume of traffic
flowing through the LSP.  This document describes PCEP extensions for
auto-bandwidth adjustment when employing an active stateful PCE for
both PCE-initiated and PCC-initiated LSPs.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC