Subject: [PCN] PCN IETF 71 agenda

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:32:29 +0000

PCN currently has two meeting slots scheduled for IETF 71 -
Philidelphia:

Tuesday  1520-1720
Thursday 0900-1130

Please send your requests for agenda time to the chairs.

Regards,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Steven Blake                <[email-masked]>
Ericsson/Redback Networks               +1 919-472-9913

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:37:17 -0000

I would like some agenda time to progress the discussion on the encoding
draft according to the proposal below.

I would present the main 3 options that we have on the table, only
considering those that require 3 encoding states (No pre-congestion,
admission marked, termination marked):-
The first uses 1 DSCP (to indicate PCN BA) & the ECN field (see email
chain started by Kwok)
The second uses 2 DSCPs & only 2 of the ECN codepoints (00 for No
pre-congestion; 11 for AM & TM, depending on the DSCP)
The third uses 3 DSCPs & doesn't use the ECN field

I would also summarise the arguments made to date for and against each
of these options. The floor would then be opened for full discussion of
each of the options.

The purpose would be to understand the proposals better & hopefully move
towards building consensus round one of them, since the WG must
standardise exactly one encoding. 

Yours, 

Toby. 

____________________________________________________________________
Toby Moncaster, <[email-masked]> Networks Research Centre, BT
B54/70 Adastral Park, Ipswich, IP53RE, UK.  +44 1473 648734 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Steven Blake
> Sent: 22 February 2008 15:32
> To: pcn
> Subject: [PCN] PCN IETF 71 agenda
>