Subject: [PCN] FW: New Version Notification for draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:09:36 -0000

Hi All,

I did some minor revisions of the 3 state encoding proposal to keep the document alive and so that it tallies more closely with the baseline. My hope is that after the WG has last-called the baseline encoding this draft will become one of the handful of experimental schemes we will look at properly. At that point I hope to change the file name and title to avoid the continuing confusion between this and the 3SM scheme...

Toby

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mon 3/9/2009 11:13
To: Moncaster,T,Toby,CXR9 R
Cc: Briscoe,RJ,Bob,CXR9 R; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for          draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-01 

A new version of I-D, draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by T Moncaster and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-moncaster-pcn-3-state-encoding
Revision:	 01
Title:		 A three state extended PCN encoding scheme
Creation_date:	 2009-03-09
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 13

Abstract:
Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
the Quality of Service of inelastic flows.  It does this by marking
packets when traffic load on a link is approaching or has exceeded a
threshold below the physical link rate.  This baseline encoding
specified how two encoding states could be encoded into the IP
header.  This document specified an extension to the baseline
encoding that enables three encoding states to be carried in the IP
header as well as enabling limited support for end-to-end ECN.

Status (to be removed by RFC Editor)

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.  The PCN Working Group will be
asked to adopt this memo as a Working Group document describing one
of several possible experimental PCN encoding schemes.  The intention
is that the title of this document will change to avoid confusion
with the three state marking scheme.

Changes from previous drafts

>From 00 to 01:

o  Checked terminology for consistency with

[I-D.ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding]

o  Minor editorial changes.

The IETF Secretariat.