Subject: [PCN] FW: Manual Post Requested for draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-edge-behaviour

From: "Anna Charny (acharny)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:29:04 -0400

Hi all,

It appears the draft we submitted on the single marking edge behavior is
still stuck somewhere in the queue.  Sending to the list in anticipation
of it showing up on IETF servers one day.

Anna 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Anna Charny (acharny)
Subject: Manual Post Requested for
draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-edge-behaviour 

Manual Posting Requested for following Internet-Draft:

I-D Submission Tool URL:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/status.cgi?submission_id=13295

Filename:	   draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-edge-behaviour
Version:	   00
Staging URL:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking
-edge-behaviour-00.txt
Title:		   PCN Boundary Node Behavior for the Single-Marking
(SM) Mode of Operation
Creation_date:	   2009-03-04
WG ID:		   Indvidual Submission
Number_of_pages: 9
Abstract:
Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) is described in
[I-D.ietf-pcn-architecture] and is assumed to apply to inelastic
real-time traffic in a DiffServ domain.  PCN proposes the use of an
Admission Control mechanism to limit the aggregated amount of PCN
traffic to a configured level during the normal operating conditions.
It further proposes the use of a Flow Termination mechanism to tear-
down some of the flows to lower the PCN traffic level to a desirable
aggregate amount during unexpected events such as network failures, with
the goal of maintaining the QoS assurances to the remaining flows.  The
[I-D.ietf-pcn-architecture] allows a number of different PCN core and
boundary node behaviors.  This draft describes a boundary node behavior,
which assumes only the two-state baseline encoding as defined in
[I-D.ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding].  It is referred to as Single Marking
behavior as it uses only a single marking scheme.

Submitter: Anna Charny ([email-masked])

Author(s):
Anna Charny, [email-masked]