Subject: [PCN] Daisuke's marking

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:30:19 -0000

Daisuke

I was chatting with Toby, who raised this question

What happens when one link is just starts to tip into termination. If
this isn't firmly latched as a point then there will be some bursts of
on-off marking of packets. If there are lots of flows sharing that
bottleneck they will just see this as a bit more intermittent 1/N
marking.

Also, is there a PDF version of your simulations with graphs etc, as the
ietf's txt format makes it quite hard to read about simulation results?

Thanks

phil

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:36:28 +0100

Hi Phil
 
What happens with the Affected marking encoding?
 
Best regards,
Georgios

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: woensdag 18 maart 2009 15:30
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PCN] Daisuke's marking

Daisuke

What happens when one link is just starts to tip into termination. If this
isn't firmly latched as a point then there will be some bursts of on-off
marking of packets. If there are lots of flows sharing that bottleneck they
will just see this as a bit more intermittent 1/N marking.

Thanks

phil