Subject: [PCN] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-architecture-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) Architecture
	Author(s)       : P. Eardley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-architecture-11.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2009-04-07

This document describes a general architecture for flow admission and
termination based on pre-congestion information in order to protect
the quality of service of established inelastic flows within a single
Diffserv domain.

Status

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-architecture-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:55:38 +0100

Another version, Changes to deal with IESG comments from routing area
review:

   o  Small clarifications to Introduction

   o  the term "marking" now only used to refer only to setting the
      codepoint (not as a shorthand for 'metering and setting the
      codepoint')

   o  Added Figure 4 (Schematic of PCN-interior-node functionality)
      (from [PCN08-2]

   o  Appendix A brought back into the main body.

   o  Other minor clarifications

the second of these led to a few changes throughout the doc (in
terminology, not content). 

Reason: people with a Diffserv background use "marking" only to refer to
'setting a codepoint'; the use to mean both 'metering and setting the
codepoint' was found confusing. 

Best wishes
phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 07 April 2009 17:30
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PCN] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-architecture-11.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion
Notification Working Group of the IETF.

Status