Subject: [pcp] Dime work on NAT control.

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 17:52:57 +0300

Hi,

This came up during the PCP interim. DIME has worked on a NAT control application for a while and the draft is now in WGLC. See the link: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control/

- Jouni

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 18:45:35 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   This came up during the PCP interim. DIME has worked on a NAT
   control application for a while and the draft is now in WGLC.
   See the link:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control/
   
=> pretty interesting but IMHO it is another kind of control:
no intrinsic lifetime in port forwarding entries, they are flushed
when the control session is closed (funny, my AFTR code supports
control channels with exactly the same property).

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: I am glad to see Diameter is not dead, I've expected to see it to
replace Radius for years...