Subject: Re: [pcp] base #21 (closed): Epoch=0 amplification attack

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:03:20 -0000

#21: Epoch=0 amplification attack

Changes (by dwing@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 adding to -05:

 {{{
 When the PCP server reduces its Epoch value, the PCP clients will
 send PCP requests to refresh their mappings.  The PCP server needs
 to be scaled appropriately to accomodate this traffic.  Because
 PCP lacks a mechanism to simultaneously inform all PCP clients of
 the Epoch value, the PCP clients will not flood the PCP server
 simultaneously when the PCP server reduces its Epoch value.
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dthaler@…              |        Owner:  dwing@…        
     Type:  defect                 |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  minor                  |    Milestone:                 
Component:  base                   |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                         |  
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/21#comment:2>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>