Subject: Re: [pcp] #33: 3rd party mappings: create/destroy

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:27:36 -0000

#33: 3rd party mappings: create/destroy

Comment(by dthaler@…):

 Consensus that this is needed, need to decide whether in option or main
 header.
 Issue is possible buggy clients, as observed with SIP, that put in IP
 address of the wrong interface.
 Strawman is THIRD_PARTY is an option, but there's an order specified for
 options.
 Downside is that IW-GW needs special handling, but already has to have
 special handling either way.
 Alternative is to use all-zeroes address in main header.
 Will send question to mailing list.
 See also issue #5 about security.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dwing@…          |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:     
Component:  base             |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/33#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:55:16 -0000

Changes (by dwing@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 consensus appears to be THIRD_PARTY option for MAP.

 Editor noticed that PEER included the internal-ip-address, so PEER will
 also be changed to use THIRD_PARTY option.

 Closed.  New text will appear in -06.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dwing@…          |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect           |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major            |    Milestone:        
Component:  base             |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                   |  
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/33#comment:2>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>