Subject: Re: [pcp] base #8 (closed): PCP server discovery methods

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 17:45:12 -0000

#8: PCP server discovery methods

Changes (by dwing@…):

  * status:  assigned => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 In -04, the IANA-assigned address was removed.  The steps are now:

    Prior to sending its first PCP message, the PCP client determines
    which servers to use.  The PCP client tries the following to get a
    list of PCP servers:

    1.  if a PCP server is configured (e.g., in a configuration file),
        the address(es) of the PCP server(s) are used as the list of PCP
        server(s), else;

    2.  if DHCP indicates the PCP server(s), the address(es) of the
        indicated PCP server(s) are used as the list of PCP server(s),
        else;

    3.  the address of the default router is used as the PCP server.

 This issue is now marked Resolved.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dwing@…             |        Owner:  dwing@…        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  critical            |    Milestone:                 
Component:  base                |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/8#comment:4>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>