Subject: [pcp] PORT_RESERVATION_OPTION interaction with PREFER_FAILURE

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:50:11 -0400

Hi,

There is no mention of PREFER_FAILURE in
draft-boucadair-pcp-rtp-rtcp-01. How about adding something along these
lines?

"If the request contains the PREFER_FAILURE option and one or both
suggested external ports cannot be allocated, the PCP server SHALL reply
with result code CANNOT_PROVIDE_EXTERNAL_PORT."

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:47:14 +0200

Dear Simon,

Thank you for the input.

I updated the I-D with your proposed text; see: http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-boucadair-pcp-rtp-rtcp-02

Cheers,
Med 

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Simon Perreault
Envoyé : jeudi 14 avril 2011 19:50
À : [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]
Objet : [pcp] PORT_RESERVATION_OPTION interaction with PREFER_FAILURE

Hi,

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
_______________________________________________
pcp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp