Subject: [pcp] NAT chains

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:26:42 +0200

In base 14 section 7.3 I can read:

   If the PCP Client's IP Address and PCP Client's Port fields of the
   PCP response header do not match the source address and port of the
   request, it indicates the presence of a NAT between the PCP client
   and PCP server.  If they don't match, then the PCP client (or the
   user on the client host) MUST ensure that an appropriate NAT mapping
   is created on the intervening NAT(s) (e.g., using UPnP IGD, NAT-PMP,
   or manual configuration), otherwise, the PCP-installed mapping will
   be ineffective.

I note PCP is not in the examples (i.e., then "e.g." list).
There are least two moderately incompatible ways to handle NAT chains
in PCP, I'll develop this point when the base spec will be ready.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:06:54 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Francis Dupont
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:27 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pcp] NAT chains
> 

Examples are seldom, if ever, fully inclusive.

> in PCP, I'll develop this point when the base spec will be ready.

-d

> _______________________________________________
> pcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp