Subject: [pcp] draft-ietf-pcp-base-14 posted

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 11:50:43 -0700

draft-ietf-pcp-base-14 has been posted,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-base-14

Side-by-side diffs from -13 to -14 are at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pcp-base-14.txt

The authors believe this is ready for a second WGLC.

-d

-----

B.1.  Changes from draft-ietf-pcp-base-13 to -14

   o  Moved discussion of socket operations for PCP source address into
      Implementation Considerations section.

   o  Integrated numerous WGLC comments.

   o  NPTv6 in scope.

   o  Re-written security considerations section.  Thanks, Margaret!

   o  Reduced PEER4 and PEER6 Opcodes to just a single Opcode, PEER.

   o  Reduced MAP4 and MAP6 Opcodes to just a single Opcode, MAP.

   o  Rearranged the PEER packet formats to align with MAP.

   o  Removed discussion of the "O" bit for Options, which was
      confusing.  Now the text just discusses the most significant bit
      of the Option code which indicates mandatory/optional, so it is
      clearer the field is 8 bits.

   o  The THIRD_PARTY Option from an unauthorized host generates
      UNSUPP_OPTION, so the PCP server doesn't disclose it knows how to
      process THIRD_PARTY Option.

   o  Added table to show which fields of MAP or PEER need IPv6/IPv4
      addresses for IPv4 firewall, DS-Lite, NAT64, NAT44, etc.

   o  Accommodate the server's Epoch going up or down, to better detect
      switching to a different PCP server.

   o  Removed ADDRESS_MISMATCH; the server always includes its idea of
      the Client's IP Address and Port, and it's up to the client to
      detect a mismatch (and rectify it).