Subject: [pcp] external address and port in deletes

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:49:25 +0200

It is clear in base 14 (and previous) the suggested external address and port
are ignored in deletes (MAP requests with lifetime == 0).
There is nothing specified about the assigned external address and port
in the response, IMHO they must be copied from the request exactly
for the reasons avanced for errors.
BTW the term "assigned" has no meaning in this case, and we have two
corner cases where it even doesn't exist at all: a delete for no
matching mapping, and a delete all where there is no mapping of
another type (i.e., no state for the subscriber after the processing
of the request).
Now should we add a statement about this? IMHO we should, I suggest
to add in:

   In requests where the requested lifetime is 0, the suggested external
   address and port fields MUST be set to zero on transmission and MUST
   be ignored on reception.

that the fields MUST be copied to the response.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: an interesting side effect is the delete success response carries
one bit of information: the fact the corresponding (and identical at
the R bit exception :-) request was processed at least once.
And no more is needed...

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:11:28 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Francis Dupont
> Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 9:49 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pcp] external address and port in deletes
> 

So several can be in flight on the network at once?

How is this:

	<t>In requests where the requested Lifetime is 0, the
        Suggested External Address and Suggested External Port fields
        MUST be set to zero on transmission and MUST be ignored on
        reception, and these fields MUST be copied into the Assigned
        External IP Address and Assigned External Port of the response.</t>

> the R bit exception :-) request was processed at least once.

-d

> _______________________________________________
> pcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp