Subject: [pcp] draft-ietf-pcp-base-17, Section 12.3.3

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 10:05:24 -0400

While I agree that SCTP port rewriting is uncommon,
in part due to the pain of recalculating the CRC on
the fly, some firewalls that DO modify SCTP port numbers.  
(My guess is that these are implemented more as SCTP 
proxy/ALG functions, but I haven't seen anyone's internals, 
so that is purely a guess.)

  So the sentence in Section 12.3.3 that claims firewalls
"never" modify SCTP port numbers is not correct and should be 
edited with some caveat -- perhaps instead say something like:

	"...firewalls usually don't modify SCTP port numbers..."

Yours,

Ran

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:22:24 -0700

Yeah, that's right.

--jhw (sent from my phone)

On Nov 4, 2011, at 7:05, RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> pcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp