Subject: [pcp] [I-D.ietf-pcp-upnp-igd-interworking] Issue #2: DeletePortMappingRange()

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:48:19 +0100

Dear all,

   Context:  When DeletePortMappingRange() is used,

      *  the IGD-PCP IWF undertakes a lookup on its local mapping table
         to retrieve individual mappings instantiated by the requested
         Control Point and matching the signalled port range

      *  If no mapping is found, "730 PortMappingNotFound" error code is
         sent to the UPnP Control Point

      *  If a set of mappings are found, the IGD-PCP IWF generates
         individual PCP MAP delete requests corresponding to these
         mappings

   Question (optimization)  Do we allow the IWF to send a positive
      answer to the requesting UPnP Control Point without waiting to
      receive all answers from the PCP Server?

         It is unlikely to encounter a problem in the PCP leg because
         the IWF has verified authorization rights and also the presence
         of the mapping in the local table

Cheers,
Med