Subject: [pcp] [I-D.ietf-pcp-upnp-igd-interworking] Issue #1: Get a Mapping

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:47:48 +0100

Dear all,

   Context:  To list active mappings, an UPnP Control Point may issue
      GetGenericPortMappingEntry(), GetSpecificPortMappingEntry() or
      GetListOfPortMappings().

   Issue:  In the current version of the I-D, these methods are not
      relayed to the PCP Server but are handled according to the content
      of the local mapping table:

         Drawback: The answer to Get* may not be accurate since the IWF
         has only a local knowledge of the global mapping table

         Some applications issue first Get* to check whether a port is
         in use or not before sending Add*. e.g., Microtorrent
         (uTorrent) v2.2 calls GetSpecificPortMapping until it finds an
         external available port, and then calls AddPortMapping().

         Question for the WG: Do we allow relaying Get* to a PCP
         request (MAP or GET)?

         +  No GET method is currently defined in the base PCP

         +  GET is an extension defined in I-D.boucadair-pcp-failure.

Cheers,
Med