Subject: [pcp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-06.txt> (Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 11:35:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Port Control Protocol WG (pcp)
to consider the following document:
- 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses'
  <draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses enable PCP clients
   to transmit signaling messages to their closest PCP-aware on-path
   NAT, Firewall, or other middlebox, without having to learn the IP
   address of that middlebox via some external channel.  This document
   establishes one well-known IPv4 address and one well-known IPv6
   address to be used as PCP Anycast Addresses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-anycast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-anycast/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.