Subject: [Pearg] New Version Notification for draft-rao-pitfol-01.txt

From: Sandeep Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 19:27:18 +0530

Hi All,

Here’s updated (version -01) of  Personal Information Tagging for Logs

https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rao-pitfol-01.txt

Thanks everyone for your inputs on the earlier version during IETF 106.

Key updates in this version are:

   1. Model for structured logging and use of standardized identifiers for
   personal information.
   2. Illustration of Personal Information Identifiers Registry and
   associating sensitivity level for each identifier.
   3. Role based Redaction and access control

Appreciate your review comments and feedback.

Thanks

-Sandeep

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 3:27 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-rao-pitfol-01.txt
To: Sandeep Rao <[email-masked]>, Santhosh C N <
[email-masked]>, Ryan Guest <[email-masked]>, Shivan Sahib <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-rao-pitfol-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Shivan Sahib and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-rao-pitfol
Revision:       01
Title:          Personal Information Tagging for Logs
Document date:  2020-03-09
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rao-pitfol-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rao-pitfol/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rao-pitfol-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rao-pitfol
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rao-pitfol-01

Abstract:
   Software systems typically generate log messages in the course of
   their operation.  These log messages (or 'logs') record events as
   they happen, thus providing a trail that can be used to understand
   the state of the system and help with troubleshooting issues.  Given
   that logs try to capture state that is useful for monitoring and
   debugging, they can contain information that can be used to identify
   users.  Personal data identification and anonymization in logs is
   crucial to ensure that no personal data is being inadvertently logged
   and retained which would make the logging system run afoul of laws
   around storing private information.  This document focuses on
   exploring mechanisms that can be used by a generating or intermediary
   logging service to specify personal or sensitive data in log
   message(s), thus allowing a downstream logging server to potentially
   enforce any redaction or transformation.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat