Subject: [PEPPERMINT] FINAL AGENDA

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:51:10 -0500

The only change from the previous draft agenda is that we will deal with the
Problem Statement documents one after another.

**************

IETF 71 PEPPERMINT BOF Agenda

Provisioning Extensions in Peering Registries for Multimedia INTerconnection

1510-1610 Afternoon Session II
Franklin 11/12	INT	dna	Detecting Network Attachment WG
Franklin 5	OPS	grow	Global Routing Operations WG
Franklin 3/4	RAI	peppermint	Provisioning Extensions in Peering
Registries for Multimedia INTerconnection BOF
Franklin 13	RTG	isis	IS-IS for IP Internets WG
Salon I	SEC	ltans	Long-Term Archive and Notary Services WG
Franklin 5	SEC	msec	Multicast Security WG

Chair(s):

Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Tom Creighton  <[email-masked]>

RAI Director(s):

Jon Peterson [email-masked]
Cullen Jennings [email-masked]

Agenda Bashing. 

Presentation of the proposed charter.  <Shockey> 10 min ( see below ) 

1. 
	Title		: Consolidated Provisioning Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: D. Schwartz, R. Mahy, A. Duric, E. Lewis
	Filename	:
draft-schwartz-peppermint-consolidated-provisioning-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2008-2-11
	
This document describes the type of data provisioned among Voice   Service
Providers and underscores the need for clearly defined   structures and
interfaces to facilitate this provisioning. This work is in support of the
service provider peering as defined by the  SPEERMINT WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schwartz-peppermint-consolidated-p
rovisioning-problem-statement-00.txt

2. A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Provisioning Protocol Requirements for ENUM-SIP
Addressing Servers
	Author(s)       : T. Creighton, J. Mule
	Filename        : draft-mule-peppermint-espp-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-02-18

This document presents use cases and protocol requirements for provisioning
ENUM-SIP addressing servers.  The provisioned data is used by an addressing
server to return part of the session establishment data to SIP entities so
that they can route SIP sessions to the target destinations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mule-peppermint-espp-requirements-
00.txt

3. 	
	Title           : A Provisioning Protocol for ENUM-SIP Addressing
Servers
	Author(s)       : K. Cartwright, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 117
	Date            : 2008-02-25

This document defines a provisioning protocol for ENUM-SIP addressing
servers.  This protocol has been recently published as part of
CableLabs(r) PacketCable(tm) specifications.  It allows SIP service
providers to provision and manage session establishment data used by SIP
network elements to route SIP sessions to the target destinations which may
be served by the SIP service provider's own internal network or by a session
peering partner.  The data provisioned into an ENUM-SIP addressing server is
queried by SIP entities using ENUM or SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-01.t
xt

General Discussion

The Usual Questions.

A. Is this a problem that the IETF needs to work on?

B. Who wants to work on this problem?

************

Peppermint Proposed Charter 

Provisioning Extensions in Peering Registries for Multimedia
Interconnection.

Mailing Lists: 

[email-masked]

General information about the mailing list is at:

 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

Temporary Area Directorate: Real Time Applications (RAI)

Ultimate Area Directorate: TBD

Chairs: TBD

PROPOSED CHARTER FOR PEPPERMINT

The IETF has been working on various aspects of session-based Multimedia
Interconnection among administrative domains. In addition, the IETF has done
significant work on data exchanges among various network elements. 

ENUM is specifically chartered to develop protocols that involve the
translation of E.164 numbers to URI's.
 
SPEERMINT has been chartered to develop best current practices among
real-time application service providers and how such services interconnect
across administrative boundaries.

The PEPPERMINT work group is chartered to define what data needs to be
exchanged among Multimedia administrative domains, and how that data should
be structured provisioned and propagated. These protocols would be outside
the normal scope of establishing various forms of a SIP session. These
administrative domains are of any practical size and could be service
providers or enterprise SIP proxy's, such as PBX's.

Data exchanges to facilitate session-based Multimedia Interconnection are
typically between various Client User Agents and Registries or bilateral or
multilateral Registry to Registry.  Data exchanges could include bulk data
as well as real time updates. Typical data include mappings of phone numbers
to URIs, policies surrounding admission to various points of network
interconnection and various types of trunk data.  In addition, there is a
specific need for redistribution of such Registry data to various types of
network databases.  

The working group will draw upon expert advice and ongoing consultation from
the ENUM, SPEERMINT and PROVREG working groups. The working group may also
reuse elements of RFC 4114, if possible.

The final work product(s) from this working group will utilize and be based
on XML documents and XML document exchanges.

PROPOSED GOALS AND MILESTONES

Requirements for Interconnection data exchanges.         Sept 08 

Provisioning of Interconnection data registries.         Nov 08

Provisioning of Interconnection data caches.             Feb 09 

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

---

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:14:21 +0100

> Presentation of the proposed charter.  <Shockey> 10 min ( see below ) 

Isn't that the main focus of the BoF?

> providers or enterprise SIP proxy's, such as PBX's.

Are we going to do provisioning and/or routing?

Is there even a sharp line between these two terms?

> multilateral Registry to Registry.  

IMHO we should never ever consider data from user agents in peppermint.

 > Data exchanges could include bulk data

/ol