Subject: [PEPPERMINT] Minor comments on draft-schwartz-peppermint-consolidated-provisioning-problem-statement-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:51:15 -0800

My biggest complaint is your draft name is too long :-) Seriously I  
found this draft easy to understand and get what the problem was you  
were trying to solve - I like it. Few little things.

Section 3.1, do you want to say anything about what happens when you  
have overlapping ranges with the same length. For example one prefix  
has 1000-3000 and the other other has 2900 to 3100. I have used stuff  
that selected the smallest range in that case - I don't know that is  
what you want but seems like a case that might motivate some  
requirements one way or the other.

Section 3.2 para 5 - I would rephrase to say that the protocol should  
be easily extensible in ways that anticipate ways that ENUM will be  
extended or something like that. Comparing this to the DNS TXT RR  
record may cause some people allergic reaction that are not really  
what you want.

Section 5 - the para on "Renumber". I'm not 100% clear what the  
requirements are here - can you say a bit more. What information at  
the semantic level would a renumber operation contain.

Section 6

The Fee Category attributes got me a little worried. What would they  
mean and how would they be used. I imagine I would have no problems  
with these but I would want to be very careful. The idea of landline  
or mobile is starting to get pretty vague when we are talking about a  
SIP call to [email-masked].

I have serious worries about the Media types. I worry that this needs  
to be negotiated at the time of the call and that having it in a  
registry will hinder deployments of devices that support a wide  
variety of media types. Let's talk about this in Philadelphia some  
time and see if you can educate me on the requirements here.

Cullen <with my individual contributor hat on>

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint