Subject: [PEPPERMINT] Proposed Charter Wording

From: "David Schwartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:22:28 -0000

I know that we are trying to form consensus but as I was putting together my slides I kept on crashing into the words "among administrative domains" and recalling Hadriels comments in Vancouver regarding the difference between "within" and "among".

I think it is important that this issue be debated today and put to rest once and for all or it will come back to bite us in the future.

I am proposing to mention them both as follows (even if we first tackle the "within") ...

"The PEPPERMINT working group is charted to define what data needs to be exchanged within and among Multimedia administrative domains (outside the normal scope of establishing various forms of a SIP session) and how that data should be structured provisioned and propagated."

Any thoughts?

D.
_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:22:31 -0400

Well that is certainly something to review this afternoon. Scope will be the
key issue the IESG looks at when evaluating whether or not to grant a
charter.

But we should all remember what the task this afternoon really is ..to
demonstrate that 

A. There is a problem that needs to be fixed 

B. The problem is within the scope of the IETF and CAN be fixed.

C. There is a sufficient number of people ready willing and able to fix the
problem ( within a reasonable time frame)

From: David Schwartz [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Proposed Charter Wording

I know that we are trying to form consensus but as I was putting together my
slides I kept on crashing into the words "among administrative domains" and
recalling Hadriels comments in Vancouver regarding the difference between
"within" and "among".

I think it is important that this issue be debated today and put to rest
once and for all or it will come back to bite us in the future.

I am proposing to mention them both as follows (even if we first tackle the
"within") ...

"The PEPPERMINT working group is charted to define what data needs to be
exchanged within and among Multimedia administrative domains (outside the
normal scope of establishing various forms of a SIP session) and how that
data should be structured provisioned and propagated."

Any thoughts?

D.