Subject: [Perc] Review of draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework-02

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:33:45 +0200

Hi,

I reviewed draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework-02 (volunteered to do it
in Seoul"

I have some comments but in general the document is in good shape.

1.       Section 2 - endpoint - maybe use PERC endpoint instead of endpoint
since endpoint has many uses.

2.       Section 2 - MD - typo "to to"

3.       Section 2 - Key Distributer "which passes keying." is it passes or
maybe allocates or creates?

4.       Section 2 - Conference - here you use trusted endpoints, this
relates to my comment on endpoint above, you added a qualifier to the
endpoint.

5.       Section 2 - Third party - what is a "call processing" entity, it is
not defined.

6.       Section 3.1.1 second paragraph - "as the media distributer does not
have the ability .." I assume this will be specified in a signaling draft,
so will we have a reference or just say it is out of scope?

7.       Section 3.1.2 - I am not sure about the usage of "trusted" in this
paragraph. From the first paragraph  I think trusted means PERC trusted, yet
the third paragraph is confusing, is it PERC trusted?

8.       Section 3.2.1 use pre-PERC, I think you should say non-PERC (it is
not a time definition)

9.       Section 4.2 figure 2, what about the MD x to MD y confidentiality.

10.   Section 4.5 last paragraph, is HBH key between MDs is left out of
scope, if yes say it in this paragraph.

11.   In section 5.2 what is the conference signaling model. Is there a
central signaling entity here? Maybe it is time to add reference to RFC4353
and maybe say something about RFC4575.

12.   Section 5.3 " the Key Distributor is responsible for knowing .". Is
the KD responsible, I thnk the KD MUST know since the responsibility for
allowing participants is on the "focus" or "conference manager". 

Roni Even