Subject: [Perc] RFC 8870 on Encrypted Key Transport for DTLS and Secure RTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:47:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8870

        Title:      Encrypted Key Transport for DTLS and Secure RTP 
        Author:     C. Jennings,
                    J. Mattsson,
                    D. McGrew,
                    D. Wing,
                    F. Andreasen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8870

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8870

Encrypted Key Transport (EKT) is an extension to DTLS (Datagram
Transport Layer Security) and the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
(SRTP) that provides for the secure transport of SRTP master keys,
rollover counters, and other information within SRTP. This facility
enables SRTP for decentralized conferences by distributing a common
key to all of the conference endpoints.

This document is a product of the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC