Subject: 8th IEEE International Conference on Networks 2000

From: Jong Hui Sian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:57:04 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam

Kindly ignore this if you have already registered to participatee in ICON
2000.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

* 8th IEEE International Conference on Networks 2000 * 

5 - 8 September 2000

Please visit : http:\\www.comp.nus.edu.sg\~icon
<http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~icon> 

We are pleased to invite you to attend the 8th IEEE International Conference
On Networks 2000 (ICON 2000) which will be held from September 5- 8, 2000 in
Singapore. It is organized by the IEEE Singapore Computer Chapter and the
Professional Activities Center, Faculty of Engineering, National University
of Singapore with co-operation from the Nanyang Technological University.
Two days of tutorials and two days of technical presentations are planned
for this conference. The conference will also include invited speakers,
exhibitions and special panel discussion sessions. 

The aim of the conference is to provide an international forum for experts
to promote, share and discuss various issues and developments in the broad
field of computer and communication networks.

	* * * 

ICON' 2000 will provide a forum to discuss recent advances in computer
networks and communications. Contributions describing original research,
surveys and applications including, but not restricted to, the following
areas are solicited

*	Active/intelligent networks 

*	BISDN and ATM 

*	Congestion/admission control 

*	Data traffic engineering and management 

*	High speed network protocols 

*	Internet services/applications 

*	Multicast/broadcast protocols 

*	Multimedia protocols and networking 

*	Multiple access technology 

*	Network architecture and protocol performance 

*	Network management and control 

*	Network monitoring 

*	Converged data and telecom networks 

*	Network security and privacy 

*	Network signaling and connection management 

*	Optical communication networks 

*	Personal communication services 

*	Quality of service 

*	Routing and routing protocols 

*	Storage area networks <outbind://8/san.htm>  

*	Testbeds and measurements 

*	Voice over internet 

*	Virtual private networks 

*	Wireless/mobile/satellite networks and protocols 

*	Pervasive networks 

*	Distributed storage 

	* * * 

More details of the conference including the Advance Program and
registration form may be found at our web site
http:\\www.comp.nus.edu.sg\~icon <http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~icon> . Please
do not hesitate to contact us should you need further information.

Thank you and looking forward to your attendance to IEEE ICON 2000.

Yours sincerely

IEEE ICON 2000 Secretariat

Tel : (65) 874 5113

Fax : (65) 874 5097

E-mail : [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>